Advancing equity and achievement in America's diverse schools : inclusive theories, policies, and practices
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2014.
- Physical description
- xii, 215 p. ; 24 cm
LC1099.3 .A38 2014
- Unknown LC1099.3 .A38 2014
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Understanding educational equity and achievement in America. A nation (of students) at risk : the political rhetoric of equity and achievement in US education reform / Sonya Douglass Horsford ; NCLB's Intensifying makeover : race to the Top's troubling changes to rules, incentives, and practice / Kevin G. Welner and Carol C. Burris ; Examining teacher quality, educational policy, and English learners in Latina/o growth states / Julian Vasquez Heilig, Francesca López, and Daniela Torre ; Cultural work and demographically changing schools : new opportunities for transformative leadership / Camille M. Wilson
- Affirming multiple dimensions of diversity in schools. Religious diversity, multiculturalism, and representation : the challenge of facing Islam in the classroom / Liz Jackson ; Marginalized sexualities in public schools : the need for activist educators / James W. Koschoreck and James G. Allen ; Disrupting deficit views : Latina/o and Native American youth constructing cultural, linguistic, and learner identities / Lucila D. Ek, Patricia D. Quijada Cerecer, and Elsa Cantú Ruiz ; Teacher identities in transition : perspectives from ESL international teachers / Christine W. Nganga
- Fostering collaboration and partnerships. Attending to urban teacher development through a school-university partnership : the case of South Kilbourne Elementary School / Tambra O. Jackson and Sarah G. Smith ; Reducing achievement gaps and increasing the school success of culturally and linguistically diverse students with special needs using the comprehensive support model / Festus E. Obiakor and Christopher D. Yawn ; Policy intersections in "real lives" : families experiencing homelessness and school-related matters / Alexandra E. Pavlakis and Peter M. Miller ; New horizons for urban teacher preparation and parent engagement in the post-civil rights South / Tondra L. Loder-Jackson, Deborah L. Voltz, and Michael Froning ; Conclusion / Sonya Douglass Horsford and Camille M. Wilson.
- Publication date
- [edited by] Camille M. Wilson and Sonya Douglass Horsford.