Comprehensive enantioselective organocatalysis : catalysts, reactions, and applications
- Weinheim, Germany : Wiley-VCH, 2013.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xlv, 1438 pages)
- Dalko, Peter I., editor of compilation.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- A much-needed overview reflecting the developments over the past five years, this is the most comprehensive handbook on organocatalysis. As such, all relevant catalyst systems are discussed in detail, as well as key strategies, reaction types, and important applications in total synthesis and industry. Clearly structured in three parts, the first covers the fundamental activation types and catalyst structures. These short chapters allow readers to familiarize themselves with the relatively complex interactions that make organocatalytic reactions selective; to gain an insight into the most efficient catalyst types; and to understand the importance of physical parameters that influence reactivity and selectivity. Part B is structured around reaction types, and relies on transition state (TS) models, i.e. nucleophile additions to C=X, Y=X (X and Y = heteroatom), and C=C bonds; Friedel-Crafts reactions, organocatalytic sigmatropic reactions, regioselective reactions and desymmetrization strategies, ring-forming reactions, multicomponent (domino) reactions and multicatalyst systems are discussed. The final part deals with the application of organocatalytic reactions in multistep synthesis and industrial applications. An appendix recollecting catalyst structures with the adequate cross-references to the corresponding chapters rounds off the book. With its contributions written by pioneers of the organocatalysis field, this book provides non-specialists with an introduction to the topic as well as serving as a valuable source for newcomers and researchers in academia and industry searching for an up-to-date and comprehensive overview of this promising area of synthetic organic chemistry.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Peter I. Dalko.
- Available in another form
- Print version: Comprehensive enantioselective organocatalysis 9783527332366 (OCoLC)847542510