Handbook of LC-MS bioanalysis : best practices, experimental protocols, and regulations
- Hoboken, New Jersey : Wiley, 
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xix, 684 pages) : illustrations
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- PREFACE xi CONTRIBUTORS xiii ABBREVIATIONS xvii PART I OVERVIEW OF LC-MS BIOANALYSIS 1 Roles of LC-MS Bioanalysis in Drug Discovery, Development, and Therapeutic Drug Monitoring 3 Steve Unger, Wenkui Li, Jimmy Flarakos, and Francis L.S. Tse 2 Overview: Fundamentals of a Bioanalytical Laboratory 15 Shefali Patel, Qiangtao (Mike) Huang, Wenying Jian, Richard Edom, and Naidong Weng 3 International Regulations and Quality Standards of Bioanalysis 29 Surendra K. Bansal PART II CURRENT UNDERSTANDING OF LC-MS BIOANALYSIS-RELATED REGULATIONS 4 Current Regulations for Bioanalytical Method Validations 39 Mark E. Arnold, Rafael E. Barrientos-Astigarraga, Fabio Garofolo, Shinobu Kudoh, Shrinivas S. Savale, Daniel Tang, Philip Timmerman, and Peter van Amsterdam 5 Current Understanding of Bioanalytical Assay Reproducibility: Incurred Sample Reanalysis, Incurred Sample Stability, and Incurred Sample Accuracy 47 Manish S. Yadav, Pranav S. Shrivastav, Theo de Boer, Jaap Wieling, and Puran Singhal 6 LC-MS Bioanalytical Method Transfer 65 Zhongping (John) Lin, Wenkui Li, and Naidong Weng 7 Metabolites in Safety Testing 71 Ragu Ramanathan and Dil M. Ramanathan 8 A Comparison of FDA, EMA, ANVISA, and Others on Bioanalysis in Support of Bioequivalence/ Bioavailability Studies 83 Bradley Nash 9 A Comparison of the Guidance of FDA, OECD, EPA, and Others on Good Laboratory Practice 89 J. Kirk Smith 10 Current Understanding of Bioanalysis Data Management and Trend of Regulations on Data Management 97 Zhongping (John) Lin, Michael Moyer, Jianing Zeng, Joe Rajarao, and Michael Hayes 11 Regulatory Inspection Trends and Findings of Bioanalytical Laboratories 109 Frank Chow, Martin Yau, and Leon Lachman PART III BEST PRACTICE IN LC-MS BIOANALYSIS 12 Assessment of Whole Blood Stability and Blood/Plasma Distribution of Drugs 129 Iain Love, Graeme T. Smith, and Howard M. Hill 13 Best Practice in Biological Sample Collection, Processing, and Storage for LC-MS in Bioanalysis of Drugs 139 Maria Pawula, Glen Hawthorne, Graeme T. Smith, and Howard M. Hill 14 Best Practices in Biological Sample Preparation for LC-MS Bioanalysis 165 Guowen Liu and Anne-Franc¸--oise Aubry 15 Best Practice in Liquid Chromatography for LC-MS Bioanalysis 185 Steve Unger and Naidong Weng 16 Best Practice in Mass Spectrometry for LC-MS 205 Richard B. van Breemen and Elizabeth M. Martinez 17 Use of Internal Standards in LC-MS Bioanalysis 217 Aimin Tan and Kayode Awaiye 18 System Suitability in LC-MS Bioanalysis 229 Chad Briscoe 19 Derivatization in LC-MS Bioanalysis 239 Tomofumi Santa 20 Evaluation and Elimination of Matrix Effects in LC-MS Bioanalysis 249 Bernd A. Bruenner and Christopher A. James 21 Evaluation and Elimination of Carryover and/or Contamination in LC-MS Bioanalysis 259 Howard M. Hill and Graeme T. Smith 22 Automation in LC-MS Bioanalysis 275 Joseph A. Tweed 23 LC-MS Bioanalysis of Drugs in Tissue Samples 297 Hong Gao, Stacy Ho, and John Williams 24 LC-MS Bioanalysis of Drugs in Urine 307 Allena J. Ji 25 LC-MS Bioanalysis of Unbound Drugs in Plasma and Serum 317 Theo de Boer and Jaap Wieling 26 LC-MS Bioanalysis of Drugs in Bile 327 Hong Gao and John Williams 27 LC-MS Bioanalysis of Intracellular Drugs 337 Fagen Zhang and Michael J. Bartels 28 LC-MS Bioanalysis of Endogenous Compounds as Biomarkers 353 Wenying Jian, Richard Edom, and Naidong Weng 29 LC-MS Bioanalysis of Drugs in Hemolyzed and Lipemic Samples 369 Min Meng, Spencer Carter, and Patrick Bennett 30 Best Practices in LC-MS Method Development and Validation for Dried Blood Spots 379 Jie Zhang, Tapan K. Majumdar, Jimmy Flarakos, and Francis L.S. Tse 31 LC-MS Method Development Strategies for Enhancing Mass Spectrometric Detection 391 Yuan-Qing Xia and Jeffrey D. Miller 32 LC-MS Bioanalysis-Related Statistics 403 David Hoffman 33 Simultaneous LC-MS Quantitation and Metabolite Identification in Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics 417 Patrick J. Rudewicz PART IV REPRESENTATIVE GUIDELINES AND/OR EXPERIMENTAL PROTOCOLS OF LC-MS BIOANALYSIS 34 LC-MS Bioanalysis of Ester Prodrugs and Other Esterase Labile Molecules 431 Wenkui Li, Yunlin Fu, Jimmy Flarakos, and Duxi Zhang 35 LC-MS Bioanalysis of Acyl Glucuronides 447 Jin Zhou, Feng (Frank) Li, and Jeffery X. Duggan 36 Regulated Bioassay of N-Oxide Metabolites Using LC-MS: Dealing with Potential Instability Issues 461 Tapan K. Majumdar 37 Hydrolysis of Phase II Conjugates for LC-MS Bioanalysis of Total Parent Drugs 471 Laixin Wang, Weiwei Yuan, Scott Reuschel, and Min Meng 38 LC-MS Bioanalysis of Reactive Compounds 479 Hermes Licea-Perez, Christopher A. Evans, and Yi (Eric) Yang 39 LC-MS Bioanalysis of Photosensitive and Oxidatively Labile Compounds 491 Corey M. Ohnmacht 40 LC-MS Bioanalysis of Interconvertible Compounds 505 Nico van de Merbel 41 LC-MS Bioanalysis of Chiral Compounds 519 Naidong Weng 42 LC-MS Bioanalysis of Peptides and Polypeptides 535 Hongyan Li and Christopher A. James 43 LC-MS Bioanalysis of Nucleosides 551 Laixin Wang and Min Meng 44 LC-MS Bioanalysis of Nucleotides 559 Sabine Cohen, Marie-Claude Gagnieu, Isabelle Lefebvre, and J'erome Guitton 45 LC-MS Bioanalysis of Steroids 573 Jie Zhang and Frank Z. Stanczyk 46 LC-MS Bioanalysis of Liposomal Drugs and Lipids 591 Troy Voelker and Roger Demers 47 LC-MS Bioanalysis of Proteins 601 Ziping Yang, Wenkui Li, Harold T. Smith, and Francis L.S. Tse 48 LC-MS Bioanalysis of Oligonucleotides 607 Michael G. Bartlett, Buyun Chen, and A. Cary McGinnis 49 LC-MS Bioanalysis of Platinum Drugs 629 Troy Voelker and Min Meng 50 Microflow LC-MS for Quantitative Analysis of Drugs in Support of Microsampling 639 Heather Skor and Sadayappan V. Rahavendran 51 Quantification of Endogenous Analytes in Biofluids by a Combination of LC-MS and Construction of Calibration Curves Using Stable-Isotopes as Surrogate Analytes with True Biological Control Matrices 649 Wenlin Li, Lucinda Cohen, and Erick Kindt Appendix 1 Body and Organ Weights and Physiological Parameters in Laboratory Animals and Humans 659 Appendix 2 Anticoagulants Commonly Used in Blood Sample Collection 661 Appendix 3 Solvents and Reagents Commonly Used in LC-MS Bioanalysis 663 Appendix 4 Glossary of Terms Used in LC-MS Bioanalysis 665 INDEX 673.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Reviewing up-to-date regulatory guidance, Handbook of LC-MS Bioanalysis presents the fundamental principles of regulated LC-MS/MS bioanalytical techniques for both small molecules and macromolecules. With the techniques provided in this handbook, researches, professors, and students can develop a robust bioanalytical LC-MS/MS assay method, which can ultimately be used for the development of new drugs. Coverage includes advanced and emerging technologies, such as high resolution mass spectrometry and dried blood spot sampling, in regulated bioanalysis for drug development and therapeutic drug monitoring.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Wenkui Li, Ph. D., Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Jie Zhang, Ph. D., Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Francis L.S. Tse, Ph. D., Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research.
- Title Variation
- Handbook of liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry bioanalysis
- Available in another form
- Print version: Handbook of LC-MS bioanalysis. Hoboken, New Jersey : John Wiley & Sons,  9781118159248 (DLC) 2013004581 (OCoLC)828091950