Aspirations, access, and attainment : international perspectives on widening participation and an agenda for change
- London ; New York : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2014.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xix, 195 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
LC213 .A87 2014
- Unknown LC213 .A87 2014
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Connecting the unconnected: towards a global access movement / Stuart Billingham
- Regressive social policy and its consequences for opportunity for higher education in the United States, 1980 to present / Tom Mortenson
- Meeting the US demand for talent: the imperative of increasing attainment for underserved populations / Jamie P. Merisotis
- Inequality as the key obstacle to widening successful participation in South Africa. Why higher education is obliged to redress it / Ian Scott
- Society, economy and access to post-secondary studies in Québec / Nicolas Bastien, Pierre Chenard, Pierre Doray, and Benoît Laplante
- Challenges for adult access in Europe / Michael Osborne, Simon Broek, and Bert-Jan Buiskool
- Widening participation in UK higher education: the institutional performance / Malcolm Tight
- Student engagement to improve belonging, retention and success / Liz Thomas
- Autonomy, legitimacy and confidence: using mainstream curriculum to successfully widen participation / Liz Marr, George Curry and John Rose-Adams
- "I thought I knew this stuff, but apparently I don't": understanding the transition into university-level thinking / Robert Cantwell, Jill Scevak and Erika Spray
- An argument concerning overcoming inequalities in higher education / Stephen Gorard
- Students as experts: reflections on the 'student voice' / Neil Murray and Christopher M. Klinger
- Australian student voice influences on wider participation policy and practice through a student union lens / Donherra Walmsley
- The student voice in widening access to higher education in England: the case of the access agreement / Debbie McVitty
- Social dimension a step towards a more inclusive higher education area / Florian Kaiser and Taina Moisander.
- Supplemental links
- Cover image
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- edited by Neil Murray and Christopher M. Klinger.