Social norms, social meaning, and the economic analysis of law.
- Chicago, Ill. : Published for the University of Chicago Law School by the University of Chicago Press, c1998.
- Physical description
- p. 537-823 : ill. ; 23 cm
K376.3 .S628 1998
- Unknown K376.3 .S628 1998
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Introduction / Dan M. Kahan and Lawrence Lessig
- Law and economics discovers social norms / Robert C. Ellickson
- Social norms, social meaning, and economic analysis of law : a comment / Richard A. Posner
- Meanings of violence / Dov Cohen and Joe Vandello
- Expressive law and economics / Robert Cooter
- Social meaning and the economic analysis of crime / Dan M. Kahan
- Ethnic norms and their transformation through reputational cascades / Timur Kuran
- The new Chicago school / Lawrence Lessig
- "Whether from reason or prejudice" : taking money for bodily services / Martha C. Nussbaum
- Why rights are not trumps : social meanings, expressive harms, and constitutionalism / Richard H. Pildes
- Symbols, signals, and social norms in politics and the law / Eric A. Posner
- Selective fatalism / Cass R. Sunstein.
- Publication date
- Cover title.
- "A conference sponsored by the University of Chicago Law School and the John M. Olin Program in Law and Economics."
- Symposium issue of Journal of legal studies, v. 27, no. 2, pt. 2 (June 1998).
- Related Work
- Brigham Young University journal of legal studies.