Performance management : changing behavior that drives organizational effectiveness
- Daniels, Aubrey C.
- 4th ed, rev.
- Atlanta, Ga. : Performance Management Publications, c2006.
- Physical description
- ix, 321 p. : ill. ; 24 cm
HD58.9 .D36 2006
- Unknown HD58.9 .D36 2006
- Daniels, James E.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 293-300) and index.
- Introduction to performance management
- What is performance management?
- The science of behavior in business
- Business is behavior
- Separating behavior from non-behavior
- PIC/NIC analysis
- The ABC model
- Consequences that increase behavior: positive and negative reinforcers
- Maintaining performance improvement: schedules of reinforcement
- Consequences that decrease behavior: punishers and penalties
- The right pinpoint
- Introduction to performance feedback
- Feedback in graphs
- Finding and creating positive reinforcers (R+)
- Delivering reinforcers
- Applying schedules of reinforcement in the workplace
- Setting and attaining goals
- Dealing with unwanted behavior
- Planning reinforcement
- Evaluating performance change.
- Publication date
- Aubrey C. Daniels and James E. Daniels.
- Title Variation
- Performance management : improving quality productivity through positive reinforcement
- Previous ed.: Performance management : improving quality productivity through positive reinforcement, 3rd. ed, rev.