Police reform from the bottom up : officers and their unions as agents of change
- London : Routledge, 2012.
- Physical description
- xii, 176 p. ; 25 cm.
- Police practice and research.
HV7935 .P6653 2012
- Unknown HV7935 .P6653 2012
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction: The role of the ranks and file and police unions in police reform / Monique Marks and David Sklansky
- Police reform : who done it? / David H. Bayley
- Police officers as change agents in police reform / Hans Toch
- From the bottom-up : sharing leadership in a police agency / Brigitte Steinholder and Todd Wuestewald
- Building the capacity of police change agents : the nexus policing project / Jennifer Wood, Jenny Fleming and Monique Marks
- Research for the front lines / David Thacher
- The neglect of police unions : exploring one of the most important areas of American policing / Samuel Walker
- Strange union : changing patterns of reform, representation, and unionization in policing / Jan Berry ... [et al.]
- No longer a "workingman's paradise"? : Australian police unions and political action in a changing industrial environment / Mark Finnane
- The human rights of police to organize and bargain collectively / Roy J. Adams
- Why reforms fail / Wesley G. Skogan
- Enduring issues of police culture and demographics / Jerome H. Skolnick
- Police and social democracy / WIlliam Ker Muir.
- Publication date
- edited by Monique Marks and David Sklansky.
- Police practice and research