Ecosystem services and management strategy in China
- Heidelberg ; New York : Springer, c2014.
- Physical description
- xvii, 163 p. : ill. (some col.), maps (some col.) ; 24 cm.
- Springer earth system sciences.
QH540.83 .C6 E26 2014
- Unknown QH540.83 .C6 E26 2014
- Chen, Yiyu, 1944-
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Introduction to the Task Force's Work.- Concept of Ecosystem Services and Ecosystem Management.- Status of Major Ecosystems and Management.- Scenario Analysis.- Chinese Case Studies.- International Experience.- Major Findings.- Policy Recommendations.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- "Ecosystem Services and Management Strategy in China" is a two-year international cooperation project that culminated from the China Council for International Cooperation on Environment and Development's Task Force on Ecosystem Services and Management. It combines case studies, scenario analysis, and stakeholder consultations that focus on Chinese forest, grassland and wetland ecosystems and assesses the economic and social benefits of sustainable ecosystems management. It also identifies better practices in ecosystem management from Chinese and international experience and recommends a more intensive integration of ecosystem services into decision-making processes. In November 2010, the Task Force presented five strategic policy proposals for the implementation of sustainable management for Chinese ecosystems. These proposals were extremely well-received by senior decision makers and have since been adopted by national government agencies. The book represents a valuable reference work for researchers and professionals working in related areas. Professor Yiyu Chen worked as president at the National Natural Science Foundation of China from 2004 to early 2013 and is Member of the Chinese Academy of Sciences. Professor Beate Jessel works as president at the Federal Agency for Nature Conservation, Germany. Professor Bojie Fu works at the Research Center of Eco-Environment Sciences, CAS and is Member of the Chinese Academy of Sciences. Professor Xiubo Yu works at the Institute of Geographic Sciences and Natural Resources Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences. Dr.Jamie Pittock is a Senior Lecturer at the Fenner School of Environment and Society, Australian National University, Australia.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Yiyu Chen ... [et al.], editors.
- Springer earth system sciences