People skills : how to assert yourself, listen to others, and resolve conflicts
- Bolton, Robert, 1929-
- 1st Touchstone ed.
- New York : Simon & Schuster, 1986.
- Physical description
- xv, 300 p. : ill. ; 21 cm
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Skills for bridging the interpersonal gap
- Barriers to communication
- Listening is more than merely hearing
- Four skills of reflective listening
- Why reflective responses work
- Reading body language
- Improving your reflecting skills
- Three approaches to relationships
- Developing three-part assertion messages
- Handling the push-push back phenomenon
- Increasing your assertive options
- Conflict prevention and control
- Handling the emotional components of conflict
- Collaborative problem solving : seeking an elegant solution
- Three essentials for effective communication
- Afterward: Four steps to improved communication.
- Supplemental links
Contributor biographical information
Table of contents only
- Reprint/reissue date
- Original date
- Robert Bolton.
- Title Variation
- How to assert yourself, listen to others, and resolve conflicts
- "A Touchstone book."
- Originally published: Englewood Cliffs, N.J. : Prentice-Hall, c1979. (A Spectrum book)