Research handbook on insider trading
- Cheltenham, UK ; Northampton, MA, USA : Edward Elgar, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xi, 485 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm.
- Research handbooks in corporate law and governance.
K1115 .I57 R47 2013
- Unknown K1115 .I57 R47 2013
- Bainbridge, Stephen M. editor of compilation.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- An overview of insider trading law and policy : an introduction to the Research Handbook on Insider Trading / Stephen M. Bainbridge
- Launching the insider trading revolution: SEC v. Capital Gains Research Bureau / A.C. Pritchard
- What were they thinking? Insider trading and the scienter requirement / Donald C. Langevoort
- Entrepreneurship, compensation, and the corporation / Henry G. Manne
- Regulating insider trading in the post- fiduciary duty era : equal access or property rights? / Stephen M. Bainbridge
- The Facebook effect : secondary markets and insider trading in today's startup environment / Stephen F. Diamond
- Regulation FD : an alternative approach to addressing information asymmetry / Jill Fisch
- Decision theory and the case for an optional disclosure- based regime for regulating insider trading / Thomas A. Lambert
- Applying insider trading law to congressmen, government officials, and the political intelligence industry / J.W. Verret
- What governmental insider trading teaches us about corporate insider trading / Sung Hui Kim
- A portrait of the insider trader as a woman / Joan MacLeod Heminway.
- Has illegal insider trading become more rampant in the United States? Empirical evidence from takeovers / Laura Nyantung Beny and H. Nejat Seyhun
- The changing demand for insider trading regulation / M. Todd Henderson
- Insider trading : what is seen and what is not seen / Alexandre Padilla
- The political economy of insider trading laws and enforcement : law vs. politics? International evidence / Laura Nyantung Beny
- The regulation of insider trading in China : law and enforcement / Hui Huang
- Punishing possession: China's all- embracing insider trading enforcement regime / Nicholas Calcina Howson
- Insider trading regulation in Japan / J. Mark Ramseyer
- Insider trading in Australia / Keith Kendall and Gordon Walker
- Insider trading law in New Zealand / Gordon Walker and Andrew F. Simpson
- UK insider dealing and market abuse law : strengthening regulatory law to combat market misconduct / Kern Alexander
- Insider trading in European law / Katja Langenbucher
- Takeover bids and insider trading / Matthijs Nelemans and Michael Schouten.
- The Handbook begins with a section devoted to legal issues surrounding the US's ban on insider trading, which is one of the oldest and most energetically enforced in the world. Using this section as a foundation, contributors go on to discuss several specific court cases as well as important developments in empirical research on the subject. The Handbook concludes with a section devoted to international perspectives, providing insight into insider trading laws in China, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the European Union.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- edited by Stephen M. Bainbridge, University of California, Los Angeles, USA.
- Research handbooks in corporate law and governance