The art of effective facilitation : reflections from social justice educators
- First edition.
- Sterling, Virginia : Stylus Publishing, LLC, 2013
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xvi, 276 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
LC192.2 .A78 2013
- Unknown LC192.2 .A78 2013
- Landreman, Lisa M., 1965- editor of compilation.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- The evolution of social justice education and facilitation / Lisa M. Landreman and Christopher MacDonald-Dennis
- Building a framework for social justice education : one educator's journey / Annemarie Vaccaro
- The evolution of a social justice educator's professional identity : impacts of professional maturation and multiple discourse perspectives on personal practice / Kelly Carter Merrill
- Developing gender-inclusive facilitation : understanding genderism / Brent Bilodeau
- Engaging whiteness in higher education / Rebecca Ropers-Huilman
- Developing and sustaining effective co-facilitation across identities / Tanya Williams and Elaine Brigham
- Understanding and supporting multiracial students / Adam J. Ortiz
- From safe spaces to brave spaces : a new way to frame dialogue around diversity and social justice / Brian Arao and Kristi Clemens
- Navigating triggering events : critical competencies for social justice educators / Kathy Obear
- When neutrality is not enough : wrestling with the challenges of multipartiality / Robbie Routenberg, Elizabeth Thompson, and Rhian Waterberg
- Facilitating interactive privilege awareness programs : employing intentionality from design through implementation / Gregory I. Meyer, Karen Connors, Rebecca Heselmeyer, Dusty M. Krikau, Tracy L. Lanier, Matthew R. Lee, Chris Orem, and Nancy Trantham Poe
- Training and supporting peer facilitators / Heather Wilhelm and Robbie Routenberg
- Why is it so hard to take action?: a reflective dialogue about preparing students for social action engagement / Andrea D. Domingue and David S. Neely.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- edited by Lisa M. Landreman.