Cell structure and function
- Siekevitz, Philip, joint author.
- Includes bibliographies and index.
- Part I. Cell biology
- 1. The common denominator of living matter
- 2. Life and the second law of thermodynamics
- 3. The natural history of the cell
- Part II. Biological statics
- 4. Life and the periodic table
- 5. Water and life
- 6. The small molecules of the living machine
- 7. The nucleic acids, carriers of biological information
- 8. The proteins, agents of biological specificity
- Part III. Biological dynamics
- 9. Enzyme catalysis, a mechanism of biological control
- 10. Metabolic pathways
- 11. The mitochondrion and the fixation of energy
- 12. The nucleus and the storage and transmission of information
- 13. The ribosome and the utilization of information
- 14. The ground substance and the conversion of chemical energy into work
- 15. The membrane system and the exchange of materials
- 16. Development and control of cell structure and function.
- Publication date
- [by] Ariel G. Loewy [and] Philip Siekevitz.
- Modern biology series
- Available in another form
- Online version: Loewy, Ariel G. Cell structure and function. New York, Holt, Rinehart and Winston  (OCoLC)595601448
- Online version: Loewy, Ariel G. Cell structure and function. New York, Holt, Rinehart and Winston  (OCoLC)607876295