"Overview of the most formidable problems mathematicians have vanquished, and those that vex them still"--Dust jacket flap.
- Great problems
- Prime territory : Goldbach Conjecture
- The puzzle of pi : squaring the circle
- Mapmaking mysteries : Four Color theorem
- Sphereful symmetry : Kepler Conjecture
- New solutions for old : Mordell Conjecture
- Inadequate margins : Fermat's Last Theorem
- Orbital chaos : Three-body problem
- Patterns in prime : Riemann Hypothesis
- What shape is a sphere? : Poincaré Conjecture
- They can't all be easy : P/NP problem
- Fluid thinking : Navier-Stokes Equation
- Quantum conundrum : Mass Gap Hypothesis
- Diophantine dreams : Birch-Swinnerton-Dyer Conjecture
- Complex cycles : Hodge Conjecture
- Where next?
- Twelve for the future.