Recent trends in nonlinear partial differential equations : workshop in honor of Patrizia Pucci's 60th birthday : nonlinear partial differential equations, May 28-June 1, 2012, University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
- Workshop on nonlinear partial differential equations (2012 : Perugia, Italy)
- Providence, Rhode Island : American Mathematical Society, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 2 volumes ; 26 cm.
Contemporary mathematics (American Mathematical Society) v.594.
Contemporary mathematics (American Mathematical Society) v.595.
- Library has: 1-
QA372 .W82 2012 V.1
QA372 .W82 2012 V.2
- Library has: 1-
- Includes bibliographical references.
- A tribute to Patrizia Pucci by J. Mawhin A scientific profile of Patrizia Pucci by G. Vinti The Liouville theorem for homogeneous elliptic differential inequalities by J. Serrin Multiplicity results for porous media and fast diffusion equations with a quadratic gradient term by B. Abdellaoui, I. Peral, and M. Walias A priori estimates for solutions of $p$-Kirchhoff systems under dynamic boundary conditions by G. Autuori Higher order linear parabolic equations by G. Barbatis and F. Gazzola Sources of nonlinearity in the kinetic theory for active particles with focus on the formation of political opinions by N. Bellomo and V. Coscia Yamabe type equations with sign-changing nonlinearities on the Heisenberg group, and the role of Green functions by B. Bianchini, L. Mari, and M. Rigoli Asymptotic behavior of the solution to variational inequalities with joint constraints on its value and its gradient by M. Chipot and K. Yeressian Existence and uniqueness of solutions to a Cauchy problem modeling the dynamics of socio-political conflicts by F. Colasuono and M. C. Salvatori Regularity points of ACL-homeomorphisms in the plane by F. Farroni, R. Giova, and C. Sbordone Energy estimates and integral Harnack inequality for some doubly nonlinear singular parabolic equations by S. Fornaro, M. Sosio, and V. Vespri Initial value problems for diffusion equations with singular potential by K. T. Gkikas and L. Veron On a class of fully nonlinear PDEs from complex geometry by E. Lanconelli and A. Montanari Concentration of conformal volume, improved Moser-Trudinger inequalities and Toda systems by A. Malchiodi Periodic solutions of Lagrangian difference systems: Periodic nonlinearities (almost) don't matter by J. Mawhin A limit problem for degenerate quasilinear variational inequalities in cylinders by D. Mugnai Strong solutions for the wave equation with a kinetic boundary condition by E. Vitillaro.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book is the first of two volumes which contain the proceedings of the Workshop on Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations, held from May 28-June 1, 2012, at the University of Perugia, Italy in honour of Patrizia Pucci's 60th birthday. The workshop brought together leading experts and researchers in nonlinear partial differential equations to promote research and to stimulate interactions among the participants. The workshop programme testified to the wide ranging influence of Professor Pucci on the field of nonlinear analysis and partial differential equations. In her own work, Patrizia Pucci has been a seminal influence in many important areas: the maximum principle, qualitative analysis of solutions to many classes of nonlinear PDEs (Kirchhoff problems, polyharmonic systems), mountain pass theorem in the critical case, critical exponents, variational identities, as well as various degenerate or singular phenomena in mathematical physics. This same breadth is reflected in the mathematical papers included in this volume. The companion volume ( Contemporary Mathematics, Volume 595 ) is devoted to stationary problems in nonlinear partial differential equations.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- James B. Serrin, Enzo L. Mitidieri, Vicentiu D. Radulescu, editors.
- Contemporary mathematics ; volume 594-595