Isosurfaces : geometry, topology, and algorithms
- Wenger, Rephael.
- Boca Raton : CRC Press, 2013.
- Physical description
- xiii, 474 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 25 cm
QA573 .W46 2013
- Unknown QA573 .W46 2013
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 453-467) and index.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Marching cubes and variants
- 3. Dual contouring
- 4. Multilinear interpolation
- 5. Isosurface patch construction
- 6. Isosurface generation in 4D
- 7. Interval volumes
- 8. Data structures
- 9. Multiresolution tetrahedral meshes
- 10. Multiresolution polyhedral meshes
- 11. Isovalues
- 12. Contour trees
- A. Geometry
- B. Topology
- C. Graph theory
- D. Notation.
- "Ever since Lorensen and Cline published their paper on the marching cubes algorithm, isosurfaces have been a standard technique for the visualization of 3D volumetric data. Yet there is no book exclusively devoted to isosurfaces. This book presents the basic algorithms for isosurface construction and gives a rigorous mathematical perspective to some of the algorithms and results. It offers a solid introduction to research in this area as well as an organized overview of the various algorithms associated with isosurfaces"-- Provided by publisher.
- Publication date
- Rephael Wenger.
- "An AK Peters Book."