Leaping ahead : advances in prosimian biology
- English. Abstracts also in French.
- New York : Springer, c2013.
- Physical description
- xxv, 409 p. : ill. (some col.), maps (some col.) ; 25 cm.
- Developments in primatology.
QL737 .P9 L39 2013
- Unknown QL737 .P9 L39 2013
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- What's in a name? : higher level taxonomy of the prosimian primates / Judith Masters, Marco Gamba, and Fabien Génin
- Species-level diversity among Malagasy lemurs / Ian Tattersall
- Strepsirhine divergence dates estimated from mitochondrial gene sequences, and the status of Daubentonia madagascariensis / Daniel Montagnon
- Organismal biology, molecular systematics, and phylogenetic reconstruction / Jeffrey H. Schwartz
- Is temporal plasticity in lemurs a strategy for dealing with unpredictable or predictable, seasonal environments? / Deborah J. Curtis and Giuseppe Donati
- Life history variation in Madagascar's giant extinct lemurs / Laurie R. Godfrey, Gary T. Schwartz, William L. Jungers, Kierstin K. Catlett, Karen E. Samonds, Stephen J. King, Kathleen M. Muldoon, Mitchell T. Irwin, and David A. Burney
- Population genetics, parasitism, and long-term population dynamics of Microcebus murinus in littoral forest fragments of south-eastern Madagascar / Jörg U. Ganzhorn, Andreas Hapke, Petra Lahann, Brigitte Raharivololona, Jean-Baptiste Ramanamanjato, Ernest Refaly, Jutta Schmid, Julia Schad, and Simone Sommer
- Range shifts of mouse lemurs in south-eastern Madagascar : evidence from mitochondrial genetic data / Andreas Hapke, Tony B.D. Andrianaivo, Mark Gligor, and Emilienne Razafimahatratra
- Habitat use by the red slender loris (Loris tardigradus tardigradus) in Masmullah Proposed Forest Reserve in Sri Lanka / Lilia Bernede, Simon K. Bearder, and Asoka Gunawardene
- Forest fragmentation imperils red slender lorises (Loris tardigradus tardigradus) in south-western Sri Lanka / K. Anne-Isola Nekaris, Sarah M. Jaffe, and Giuseppe Donati
- Head posture and visual orientation in Loris tardigradus during locomotion on oblique supports / Nancy J. Stevens and Christopher P. Heesy
- Predation on two lemur species in Sahamalaza Peninsula, north-western Madagascar / Guy Hermas Randriatahina and N. Sylviane M. Volampeno
- Preliminary results on the behavioral ecology of the hairy-eared dwarf lemur (Allocebus trichotis) in Andasibe, eastern Madagascar / Karla Biebouw
- Venus in fur : female power in mouse lemurs Microcebus murinus and M. griseorufus / Fabien Génin
- Group size, composition and stability in a wild population of blue-eyed black lemurs (Eulemur flavifrons) at Ankarafa, Sahamalaza National Park / Guy Hermas Randriatahina and Jean-Jacques Roeder
- Eviction and troop reconstruction in a single matriline of ring-tailed lemurs (Lemur catta) : what happened when "grandmother" died? / Takayo Soma and Naoki Koyama
- Coprolites associated with Archaeolemur remains in north-western Madagascar suggest dietary diversity and cave use in a subfossil prosimian / Natalie Vasey, David A. Burney, and Laurie R. Godfrey
- The dental ecology of ring-tailed lemurs (Lemur catta) / Frank P. Cuozzo and Michelle L. Sauther
- Exudates and animal prey characterize slow loris (Nycticebus pygmaeus, N. coucang and N. javanicus) diet in captivity and after release into the wild / Ulrike Streicher, Angelina Wilson, Rebecca L. Collins, and K. Anne-Isola Nekaris
- Isotopic variability and lemur diet in a dry Madagascan forest : a cautionary tale / Brooke E. Crowley and Laurie R. Godfrey
- Variable energetic strategies in disturbed and undisturbed rain forests : Eulemur rubriventer fecal cortisol levels in south-eastern Madagascar / Stacey R. Tecot
- Photoperiod-related changes in thermoregulatory capacity in gray mouse lemurs (Microcebus murinus) / Jérémy Terrien and Fabienne Aujard
- Spoilt for choice : selection of hibernacula by Cheirogaleus medius / Kathrin H. Dausmann
- Seasonality and behavioral energy strategies in Microcebus berthae and M. murinus / Melanie Dammhahn and Peter M. Kappeler
- The ecology of touch : are prosimians special? / Magdalena N. Muchlinski
- The importance of olfaction for predator detection in spectral tarsiers / Sharon L. Gursky
- Size of olfactory structures in strepsirhines : ontogenetic and ecological factors / Timothy D. Smith, Laura J. Alport, and Anne M. Burrows
- The sensory ecology of foraging for animal prey / Björn M. Siemers
- Evolution of auditory sensitivity among strepsirhine primates / Marissa A. Ramsier
- Vocalizations of red slender lorises (Loris tardigradus tardigradus) in Masmullah Proposed Forest Reserve, Sri Lanka / Lilia Bernede, Robert Davies, K. Anne-Isola Nekaris, Asoka Gunawardene, and Simon K. Bearder
- Variation in strepsirhine infant isolation calls and its evolutionary implications / John D. Newman, Catherine D. Depeine, and Michelle L. Becker
- Primate serenades : call variation, species diversity, and adaptation in nocturnal strepsirhines / Elke Zimmermann
- Noises in the dark : vocal communication in Lepilemur ruficaudatus and other nocturnal pair-living primates / Claudia Fichtel and Roland Hilgartner
- Artificial neural networks : a new tool for studying lemur vocal communication / Luca Pozzi, Marco Gamba, and Cristina Giacoma
- A quantitative description of the vocal types emitted in the indri's song / Viviana Sorrentino, Marco Gamba, and Cristina Giacoma
- What can virtual vocal tracts tell us about lemur communication? / Marco Gamba, Jules Medard, Haingoson Andriamialison, Gilbert Rakotoarisoa, and Cristina Giacoma
- Cognitive capacities of captive gray mouse lemurs as evidenced by object manipulation / Alain Schilling
- Status, distribution, and conservation of slender lorises in India / Honnavalli N. Kumara, Mewa Singh, Mohammed Irfan-Ullah, and Shanthala Kumar
- Berenty Reserve : past, present, and future / Hajarimanitra Rambeloarivony and Alison Jolly
- Berenty Reserve : interactions among the diurnal lemur species and the gallery forest / Hantanirina Rasamimanana, Josia Razafindramanana, Anne S. Mertl-Millhollen, Kathryn Blumenfeld-Jones, Sahoby Marin Raharison, Donald Raymond Tsaramanana, Voahirana Razoliharisoa, and Laurent Tarnaud
- Why do some ring-tailed lemurs feeding on Leucaena not suffer from alopecia syndrome? / Vonjy Nirina Andrianome, Hajarimanitra Rambeloarivony, and Hantanirina Rasamimanana
- The impact of alopecia syndrome on female reproductive parameters in ring-tailed lemurs (Lemur catta) in Berenty Reserve, Madagascar / Shinichiro Ichino, Takayo Soma, and Naoki Koyama
- Conservation of Malagasy prosimians : a view from the great red island / Jonah H. Ratsimbazafy, Summer J. Arrigo-Nelson, Luke Dollar, Christopher M. Holmes, Mitchell T. Irwin, Steig E. Johnson, Nancy J. Stevens, and Patricia C. Wright.
- Publication date
- Judith Masters, Marco Gamba, Fabien Génin, editors.
- Title Variation
- Advances in prosimian biology
- Developments in primatology : progress and prospects
- Outgrowth of the International Prosimian Conference held in July 2007 at Ithala Game Reserve, South Africa. Cf. pref.