Human biology : concepts and current issues
- Johnson, Michael D., 1948-
- Seventh edition, Pearson New International Edition.
- Harlow : Pearson Education Limited, .
- Physical description
- 678 pages : color illustrations ; 28 cm
QP34.5 .J645 2014
- Unknown QP34.5 .J645 2014
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Human Biology, Science, and Society 2. The Chemistry of Living Things 3. Structure and Function of Cells 4. From Cells to Organ Systems 5. The Skeletal System 6. The Muscular System 7. Blood 8. Heart and Blood Vessels 9. The Respiratory System: Exchange of Gases 10. The Immune System and Mechanisms of Defense 11. The Nervous System: Integration and Control 12. Sensory Mechanisms 13. The Endocrine System 14. The Digestive System and Nutrition 15. The Urinary System 16. Reproductive Systems 17. Cell Reproduction and Differentiation 18. Cancer: Uncontrolled Cell Division and Differentiation 19. Genetics and Inheritance 20. DNA Technology and Genetic Engineering 21. Development and Aging 22. Evolution and the Origins of Life 23. Ecosystems and Populations 24. Human Impacts, Biodiversity, and Environmental Issues.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Were you looking for the book with access to MasteringBiology? This product is the book alone and does NOT come with MasteirngBiology. Buy the book and access card package to save money on this resource. Through his teaching, his textbook, and in his online blog, award-winning teacher Michael D. Johnson sparks the interest of today's science-intimidated student by connecting basic biology to real-world issues relevant to students' own lives. Through a storytelling approach and extensive online support, Human Biology: Concepts and Current Issues, Seventh Edition not only demystifies how the human body works but drives students to become better consumers of health and science information. Each chapter opens with Johnson's popular "Current Issues" essays, and BlogInFocus references within the chapter direct students to his frequently-updated online blog for breaking human biology-related news. The Seventh Edition offers stronger student self-assessment tools with new and expanded critical thinking questions throughout each chapter and in the end-of-chapter reviews.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Human biology.
- Publication date
- Michael D. Johnson.