Haemostasis : methods and protocols
QH506 .M45 V.992
- Unknown QH506 .M45 V.992
- Monagle, Paul T.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Coagulation system in humans / Anthony K.C. Chan and Nethnapha Paredes
- Platelet physiology / Matthew D. Linden
- Role of the vessel wall / Nethnapha Paredes and Anthony K.C. Chan
- Specimen requirements for the haemostasis laboratory / Linda J. Stang and Lesley G. Mitchell
- Methods of coagulation / Gemma Crighton
- Reference ranges of coagulation tests / Oliver Speer ... [et al.]
- Lupus anticoagulant testing / Karen Moffat, Anne Raby, and Mark Crowther
- Activated partial thromboplastin time / Vera Ignjatovic
- Prothrombin time/international normalized ratio / Vera Ignjatovic
- Thrombin clotting time / Vera Ignjatovic
- Thrombin generation / Leslie R. Berry and Anthony K.C. Chan
- Activated clotting time (ACT) / Stephen Horton and Simon Augustin
- Factor XIII assays / Stephen Opat ... [et al.]
- Fibrinogen / Linda J. Stang and Lesley G. Mitchell
- Platelet counting / Sylvain Salignac ... [et al.]
- Platelet morphology analysis / Véronique Latger-Cannard ... [et al.]
- Light transmission aggregometry / Juan Pablo Frontroth
- Platelet flow cytometry / Matthew D. Linden
- Anti-factor Xa (Anti-Xa) assay / Fiona Newall
- Reptilase time (RT) / Hratsch Karapetian
- Protamine titration / Fiona Newall
- Laboratory methods for the assay of tissue factor pathway inhibitor in human plasma / Robyn Summerhayes
- Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia / Andreas Greinacher, Birgitt Fürll, and Sixten Selleng
- Nijmegen-Bethesda assay to measure factor VIII inhibitors / Elizabeth Duncan, Margaret Collecutt, and Alison Street
- Kaolin clotting time / Kottayam Radhakrishnan
- Dilute Russell's viper venom time / Kottayam Radhakrishnan
- Platelet neutralization test / Kottayam Radhakrishnan
- Antithrombin / Mirta Hepner and Vasiliki Karlaftis
- Protein C / Mirta Hepner and Vasiliki Karlaftis
- Protein S / Mirta Hepner and Vasiliki Karlaftis
- Testing for hyperhomocysteinemia in subjects with a history of thromboembolic events using HPLC technique / Jonas Denecke
- Anticardiolipin antibody and anti-beta 2 glycoprotein I antibody assays / Anne Raby, Karen Moffat, and Mark Crowther
- Testing for apolipoprotein(a) phenotype using isoelectric focusing and immunoblotting technique / Claus Langer, Bertram Tambyrayah, and Ulrike Nowak-Göttl
- D-dimer and fibrinogen/fibrin degradation products / Linda J. Stang.
- Publisher's Summary
- The haemostatic system is one the most important physiological systems for maintaining health and well being, and thus the investigation of the haemostatic system remains a research priority. Disturbances of the haemostatic system in the broader sense, such as heart disease and strokes, arguably constitute the single greatest contribution to non-infectious mortality in the world today. Therefore, understanding the laboratory methods to assess the haemostatic system is vital for the practice of complex clinical medicine. In Haemostasis: Methods and Protocols, experts in the field address the major components of the haemostatic system, general principles of haemostatic testing, and techniques used to assess various aspects of the haemostatic system, grouped according to their functional indications. Written in the successful Methods in Molecular Biology(t) series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and easily accessible, Haemostasis: Methods and Protocols provides an ideal guide to scientists of all backgrounds and serves an urgent need for further research to develop superior methods of assessing the haemostatic system in humans.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Paul Monagle.
- Title Variation
- Methods in molecular biology, 1064-3745 ; 992
- Springer protocols, 1949-2448
- Also available in electronic format via the World Wide Web.