Energy : its use and the environment
- Hinrichs, Roger, 1941-
- 5th ed.
- Boston, MA : Brooks/Cole ; Andover : Cengage Learning [distributor], 2013.
- Physical description
- xv, 575 p. : ill., maps ; 25 cm.
- APPPHYS-79N-01 -- Energy Options for the 21st Century
- Fox, John D.
Request at circulation desk
TJ163.9 .H55 2013
On Reserve 1-day loan
- Unknown TJ163.9 .H55 2013
- Kleinbach, Merlin H.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Energy mechanics
- Conservation of energy
- Heat and work
- Home energy conservation and heat-transfer control
- Solar energy : characteristics and heating
- Energy from fossil fuels
- Air pollution and energy use
- Global warming, ozone depletion, and waste heat
- Electricity : circuits and superconductors
- Electromagnetism and the generation of electricity
- Electricity from solar, wind, and hydro
- The building blocks of matter : the atom and its nucleus
- Nuclear power : fission
- Effects and uses of radiation
- Future energy alternatives : fusion
- Biomass : from plants to garbage
- Tapping the Earth's heat : geothermal energy
- A national and personal commitment.
- Publication date
- Roger A. Hinrichs, Merlin Kleinbach.
- Previous ed.: 2006.
- Available in another form
- Online version: Hinrichs, Roger, 1941- Energy. 4th ed. Belmont, CA : Thomson, Brooks/Cole, c2006 (OCoLC)629890502