Energy : its use and the environment
- Hinrichs, Roger, 1941-
- 5th ed.
- Boston, MA : Brooks/Cole ; Andover : Cengage Learning [distributor], 2013.
- Physical description
- xv, 575 p. : ill., maps ; 25 cm.
- APPPHYS-79N-01 -- Energy Options for the 21st Century
- Fox, John D.
Request at circulation desk
TJ163.9 .H55 2013
On Reserve 1-day loan
- Unknown TJ163.9 .H55 2013
- Kleinbach, Merlin H.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Energy mechanics
- Conservation of energy
- Heat and work
- Home energy conservation and heat-transfer control
- Solar energy : characteristics and heating
- Energy from fossil fuels
- Air pollution and energy use
- Global warming, ozone depletion, and waste heat
- Electricity : circuits and superconductors
- Electromagnetism and the generation of electricity
- Electricity from solar, wind, and hydro
- The building blocks of matter : the atom and its nucleus
- Nuclear power : fission
- Effects and uses of radiation
- Future energy alternatives : fusion
- Biomass : from plants to garbage
- Tapping the Earth's heat : geothermal energy
- A national and personal commitment.
- Publisher's Summary
- What is the impact of such energy issues as global warming, radioactive waste, and municipal solid waste on the individual and society? ENERGY: ITS USE AND THE ENVIRONMENT answers these questions, emphasizing the physical principles behind energy and its effects on our environment, and explaining the basic physical principles behind the use of energy, including the study of mechanics, electricity and magnetism, thermodynamics, and atomic and nuclear physics. By placing energy issues within the context of everyday examples and asking you to define and support critical arguments, ENERGY: ITS USE AND THE ENVIRONMENT offers a provocative approach to this crucial issue.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Roger A. Hinrichs, Merlin Kleinbach.
- Previous ed.: 2006.
- Available in another form
- Online version: Hinrichs, Roger, 1941- Energy. 4th ed. Belmont, CA : Thomson, Brooks/Cole, c2006 (OCoLC)629890502