Topics in mathematical fluid mechanics : Cetraro, Italy 2010
- Berlin : Springer, c2013.
- Physical description
- ix, 313 p. ; 23 cm.
Lecture notes in mathematics (Springer-Verlag) 2073.
Lecture notes in mathematics (Springer-Verlag). CIME Foundation subseries.
QA3 .L28 V.2073
- Unknown QA3 .L28 V.2073
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Complex fluids and Lagrangian particles / Peter Constantin
- Ergodicity results for the stochastic Navier-Stokes equations : an introduction / Arnaud Debussche
- Steady-state Navier-Stokes problem past a rotating body : geometric-functional properties and related questions / Giovanni P. Galdi
- Analysis of generalized Newtonian fluids / Michael Růžička
- Selected topics of local regularity theory for Navier-Stokes equations / Gregory Seregin.
- Publisher's Summary
- This volume brings together five contributions to mathematical fluid mechanics, a classical but still very active research field which overlaps with physics and engineering. The contributions cover not only the classical Navier-Stokes equations for an incompressible Newtonian fluid, but also generalized Newtonian fluids, fluids interacting with particles and with solids, and stochastic models. The questions addressed in the lectures range from the basic problems of existence of weak and more regular solutions, the local regularity theory and analysis of potential singularities, qualitative and quantitative results about the behavior in special cases, asymptotic behavior, statistical properties and ergodicity.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Peter Constantin ... [et al.] ; editors, Hugo Beirão da Veiga, Franco Flandoli.
- Lecture notes in mathematics, 0075-8434 ; 2073. CIME Foundation subseries
- Papers presented at the C.I.M.E. Summer School, Cetraro, Italy, September, 2010.
- Available in another form
- Online version: Topics in mathematical fluid mechanics. Berlin ; New York : Springer, c2013 9783642362972 (OCoLC)839430665