Digital games : a context for cognitive development
- San Francisco : Jossey-Bass, [c2013]
- Physical description
- 88 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- New directions for child and adolescent development ; no. 139.
HQ750 .A1 N4 NO.139
- Unknown HQ750 .A1 N4 NO.139
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction: digital games as a context for cognitive development, learning, and developmental research / Fran C. Blumberg, Shalom M. Fisch
- The challenge of audience reception: a developmental model for educational game engagement / John L. Sherry
- Engagement states and learning from educational games / Kirby Deater-Deckard, Mido Chang, Michael E. Evans
- Applying developmental theory and research to the creation of educational games / Glenda Revelle
- The impact of recreational video game play on children's and adolescents' cognition / Fran C. Blumberg ... [et al.]
- Electronic gaming and the obesity crisis / Sandra L. Calvert, Amanda E. Staiano, Bradley J. Bond
- Cross-platform learning: on the nature of children's learning from multiple media platforms / Shalom M. Fisch
- Commentary: games for learning: vast wasteland or a digital promise? / Michael H. Levine, Sarah E. Vaala.
- Publication date
- Fran C. Blumberg, Shalom M. Fisch, editors.
- New directions for child and adolescent development, 1520-3247 ; no. 139
- "Spring 2013."