History of modern art : painting, sculpture, architecture, photography
- Arnason, H. Harvard, author.
- Seventh edition.
- Boston : Pearson, 
- Physical description
- xvi, 816 pages : illustrations ; 30 cm
N6490 .A713 2013 F
- Unknown N6490 .A713 2013 F
- Mansfield, Elizabeth, 1965- author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 763-789) and index.
- The origins of modern art
- The search for truth : early photography, Realism, and Impressionism
- Arts and crafts, Art Nouveau, and the beginnings of Expressionism
- The new century : experiments in color and form
- Expressionism in Germany and Austria
- Early modern architecture
- European art after Cubism
- Picturing the wasteland : Western Europe during World War I
- Art in France after World War I
- Clarity, certainty, and order : De Stijl and the pursuit of Geometric Abstraction
- Bauhaus and the teaching of modernism
- American art before World War II
- Abstract Expressionism and the new American sculpture
- Postwar European art
- Nouveau réalisme and Fluxus
- Taking chances with popular culture
- Playing by the rules : 1960s abstraction
- Modernism in architecture at mid-century
- Conceptual and activist art
- Post-minimalism, earth art, and new imagists
- Painting through history
- New perspectives on art and audience
- Contemporary art and globalization
- Art, Modern.
- Publication date
- H.H. Arnason, Elizabeth C. Mansfield, National Humanities Centre.