An introduction to infectious disease modelling
- Vynnycky, Emilia.
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2010.
- Physical description
- xxx, 370 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
RA643 .V96 2010
- Unknown RA643 .V96 2010
- White, Richard G.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- The basicss: infections, transmission and models
- How are models set up? An introduction to difference equations
- How are models set up? An introduction to differential equations
- What do models tell us about the dynamics of infections?
- Age patterns
- Introduction to stochastic modelling
- How do models deal with contact patterns?
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Special topics in infectious disease modelling.
- This title provides public health and infectious disease researchers with the tools to use and critically evaluate the mathematical models that are increasingly being used to interpret and predict the dynamics and control of infectious diseases.
- Publication date
- Emilia Vynnycky and Richard G. White ; with an introduction by Paul E.M. Fine.