How to present at meetings [electronic resource]
- 3rd ed.
- Chichester, West Sussex [England] : John Wiley & Sons, 2012.
- Physical description
- xvi, 90 p. : ill.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- List of contributors, vii Preface to the third edition, ix Preface to the second edition, xi Preface to the first edition, xiii Foreword:Wogan's wisdom: how to 'read' an audience, xv Sir Terry Wogan Chapter 1: Principles of communication, 1 Angela Hall and Peter McCrorie Chapter 2: Preparation of the talk, 9 Mal Morgan and George M. Hall Chapter 3: The three talks, 17 Mal Morgan and George M. Hall Chapter 4: Visual aids, 25 George M. Hall Chapter 5: Poster displays, 35 Philip M. Sedgwick Chapter 6: Data projection software: the hard facts, 41 William Harrop-Griffiths Chapter 7: How to appear on stage, 51 Alan Maryon-Davis Chapter 8: How to sell a message, 57 Martin Godfrey Chapter 9: How to present a talk, 63 Charlotte Green Chapter 10: How to deal with questions, 67 Sir Alexander Macara Chapter 11: How not to give a presentation, 75 Richard Smith Chapter 12: How to chair a session, 81 Roger Horton Index, 87.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Does the thought of presenting a paper make you go cold? There are so many things to consider: getting your message across clearly, making the PowerPoint easy to read, keeping to the right length and keeping the audience riveted - enough to induce nerves even without the thought of standing up in front of a crowd and delivering your talk fluently. How to Present at Meetings, 3rd Edition, gives you practical advice on all these aspects, and more. Written by high-profile public speakers in the health sciences, it includes chapters on the 10-, 20- and 45-minute presentation, how not to make a mess of PowerPoint, and how to appear on stage.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by George M. Hall, Neville Robinson.
- Electronic reproduction. Palo Alto, Calif. : ebrary, 2011. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ebrary affiliated libraries.