1. The literature review : its role within research
2. Systematic approaches to the literature
3. Planning and writing a literature review
4. Defining the scope
5. Searching the literature
6. Assessing the evidence base
7. Synthesising included studies
8. Analysing the findings
9. Writing up and presenting data
10. Managing the literature project.
"Reviewing the literature is an essential part of every research project. This book takes you step-by-step through the process of approaching your literature review systematically, applying systematic principles to a wide range of literature review types. Through numerous examples, case studies and exercises, the book covers often neglected areas of literature review such as concept analysis, scoping and mapping"--Jacket.