Long term contracts : commercial and legal considerations
- Annandale, NSW : The Federation Press, 2013.
- Physical description
- xxviii, 419 pages : forms ; 24 cm
K840 .A6 L66 2013
- Unknown K840 .A6 L66 2013
- Dharmananda, Kanaga, editor of compilation.
- Firios, Leon, editor of compilation.
- Triantis, George G. (George Gregory), 1961- Stanford Law School graduate, J.S.D. (1989) author.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- The design of contract damages / George Triantis.
- Publisher's Summary
- Australia's prosperous energy and resources sector is founded on long term contracts. Long term contracts give rise to a variety of difficult conceptual and practical issues that must be confronted by commercial lawyers and energy and resource professionals on a daily basis, ranging from negotiation and documentation through to interpretation and breach. Questions as to the operation, nature, and effect of long term contracts will continue to assume central importance to Australia as a whole in circumstances where the Asian economies, particularly China, Japan, and India, are anxious for security of supply in relation to commodities.This book confronts some of the major issues under long term contracts from both legal and practical perspectives.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- editors, Kanaga Dharmanda SC, Leon Firios.
- "The essays in this book arose from a conference held in Perth in May 2012"--Page 3.