Teacher education for social justice : perspectives and lessons learned
- Charlotte, NC : IAP Information Age Pub., 
- Physical description
- xv, 146 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
LC196 .T38 2013
- Unavailable LC196 .T38 2013
- De Oliveira, Luciana C., editor of compilation.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Publisher's Summary
- A group of multiethnic scholars and practitioner researchers explore concepts of teaching for social justice and preparing teachers to work towards social justice in schools and communities. The objectives of this book are to 1. present different perspectives on the preparation of teachers for social justice work; 2. contribute to the existing literature on social justice; 3. provide pedagogical implications and suggestions for teacher education programs that want to incorporate social justice into their preparation courses. This volume is intended for an audience of researchers in education and students in advanced undergraduate and graduate courses.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Included Work
- Miller, Galina. Socially just teaching through the eyes of Russian immigrants.
- Publication date
- [edited by] Luciana C. de Oliveira.