- New York : New York UniversityPress, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xiv, 296 pages ; 22 cm
- Nomos ; 54.
BJ1533 .L8 L69 2013
- Unknown BJ1533 .L8 L69 2013
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Loyalty and morality / Bernard Gert
- Loyalty from a Confucian perspective / Kathleen M. Higgins
- In place of loyalty : friendship and adversary politics in classical Greece / Paul Woodruff
- Lawyerly fidelity / Daniel Markovits
- Lawyerly fidelity : an ethical and empirical critique / Lynn Mather
- A fractured fidelity to cause / Nancy Sherman
- The Psychology of just and unjust wars : response to Sherman / Ryan K. Balot
- For constitution and profession : paradoxes of military service in a liberal democracy / Paul O. Carrese
- The case for party loyalty / Russell Muirhead
- Democracy and the problem of the partisan state / Yasmin Dawood.
- "Featuring essays by scholars working in a variety of subjects, [this book] presents diverse perspectives on dilemmas posed by potential conflicts between loyalties to specific institutions or professional roles and more universalistic conceptions of moral duty. Beings with a philosophical exploration of theories of loyalty, both Eastern and Western, then moves on to examine several problematic situations in which loyalty is often a factor: partisan politics, the armed forces, and lawyer-client relationships"--From publisher description.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- edited by Sanford Levinson, Joel Parker, and Paul Woodruff.
- Nomos ; 54