Marriage at the crossroads : law, policy, and the brave new world of twenty-first-century families
- Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2012.
- Physical description
- xv, 344 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
HQ536 .M3243 2012
- Unknown HQ536 .M3243 2012
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction / Marsha Garrison and Elizabeth S. Scott
- Red v. blue marriage / June Carbone and Naomi Cahn
- International family change and continuity : the past and future from the developmental idealism perspective / Arland Thornton
- The division of household labor across time and generations / Margaret F. Brinig
- Marriage at the crossroads in England and Wales / Rebecca Probert
- The curious relationship of marriage and freedom / Katherine Franke
- Institutional, companionate, and individualistic marriages : change over time and implications for marital quality / Paul R. Amato
- Marriage and improved well-being : using twins to parse the correlation, asking how marriage helps, and wondering why more people don't buy a bargain / Robert E. Emery, Erin E. Horn, and Christopher R. Beam
- Fragile families : debates, facts, and solutions / Sara S. McLanahan and Irwin Garfinkel
- Should marriage matter? / Ira Mark Ellman and Sanford L. Braver
- Forsaking no others : coming to terms with family diversity / Judith Stacey
- Why marriage? / Suzanne B. Goldberg
- Essential to virtue? : the languages of the law of marriage / Carl E. Schneider
- The pluralistic vision of marriage / Shahar Lifshitz
- The growing diversity of two-parent families : challenges for family law / Andrew J. Cherlin
- Legal regulation of twenty-first-century families / Marsha Garrison and Elizabeth S. Scott.
- Publication date
- edited by Marsha Garrison, Brooklyn Law School ; Elizabeth S. Scott, Columbia University Law School.