Copyright questions and answers for information professionals : from the columns of Against the Grain
- Gasaway, Laura N.
- West Lafayette, Ind. : Purdue University Press, c2013.
- Physical description
- xiii, 284 p. ; 23 cm.
- Charleston insights in library, archival, and information sciences.
KF3030.1 .G368 2013
- Unknown KF3030.1 .G368 2013
- Copyright basics
- Copies for users
- Library reserves
- Permissions and licensing
- Performance and display : libraries and other organizations
- Performance and display : nonprofit educational institutions
- Audiovisual works, sound recordings, and software
- Photographs and graphics
- The Internet and the Web
- Interlibrary loan and document delivery
- Preservation and archiving
- Miscellaneous issues
- Emerging challenges in copyright.
- "Copyright law is a critical issue for authors, librarians, publishers, and information vendors. It is also a complex area, with many shades of gray. Librarians continually need to seek answers to questions ranging from the reproduction of copyrighted works for library users, through the performance of audiovisual works, to the digitization and display of protected works on library websites. This book presents updated versions of the author's copyright columns published in Against the Grain, the leading journal in acquisitions librarianship since the late 1990s. The volume is presented in question-and-answer format. The questions are real, submitted by librarians, educators, and other information professionals who have attended the author's copyright law workshops and presentations or submitted them to her by e-mail or telephone. The author has selected the questions and answers that have general applicability. She has then arranged them into logical chapters, each prefaced by a short introduction to the topic. Because it is written in an accessible and clear style, readers may want to review the entire work or they can just access particular chapters or even specific questions as they need them. The volume includes an index to facilitate reference use."-- From publisher description.
- Publication date
- Laura N. Gasaway.
- Charleston insights in library, archival, and information sciences
- Includes index.