Defining mathematics education : presidential yearbook selections 1926-2012 : seventy-fifth yearbook
- Reston, VA : National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, c2013.
- Physical description
- viii, 410 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Yearbook (National Council of Teachers of Mathematics) ; 75th.
371.35 .N277 V.75
- Unknown 371.35 .N277 V.75
- Includes bibliographical references.
- First yearbook (1926). On the foundations of mathematics / Eliakim Hastings Moore ; A general survey of the progress of mathematics in our high schools in the last twenty-five years / David Eugene Smith
- Thirteenth yearbook (1938). The general nature of the problem ; A description of procedures / Harold P. Fawcett
- Twenty-first yearbook (1953). Theories of learning related to the field of mathematics / Howard F. Fehr
- Thirty-first yearbook (1969). The history of mathematics as a teaching tool / Phillip S. Jones
- Thirty-second yearbook (1970). The goals of history : issues and forces / Phillip S. Jones and Arthur F. Coxford Jr.
- Thirty-third yearbook (1970). Concepts / Kenneth B. Henderson
- Thirty-fifth yearbook (1972). Adjustment of instruction (elementary school) / Charlotte Junge
- Thirty-eighth yearbook (1976). Estimation as part of learning to measure / George W. Bright
- Forty-second yearbook (1980). Posing problems properly / Thomas Butts
- Forty-fifth yearbook (1983). Problem solving as a focus : how? when? whose responsibility / Peggy A. House, Martha L. Wallace, and Mary A. Johnson
- Forty-ninth yearbook (1987). Geometry for calculus readiness / Richard H. Balomenos, Joan Ferrini-Mundy, and Thomas Dick
- Fiftieth yearbook (1988). Conceptions of school algebra and uses of variables / Zalman Usiskin
- Fifty-ninth yearbook (1997). Students' voices : African Americans and mathematics / Erica N. Walker and Leah P. McCoy
- Sixtieth yearbook (1998). What is an algorithm? What is an answer? / Stephen B. Maurer ; Teaching mental algorithms constructively / Alistair McIntosh
- Sixty-first yearbook (1999). Twenty questions about mathematical reasoning / Lynn Arthur Steen
- Sixty-fourth yearbook (2002). Using manipulative models to build number sense for addition of fractions / Kathleen Cramer and Apryl Henry ; Examining dimensions of fraction operation sense / DeAnn Huinker
- Sixty-eighth yearbook (2006). Some important comparisons between statistics and mathematics, and why teachers should care / Allan Rossman, Beth Chance, and Elsa Medina
- Sixty-ninth yearbook (2007). Examining school mathematics through the lenses of learning and equity / Celia Rousseau Anderson.
- This volume features nineteen chapters from previous yearbooks that discuss the critical issues, challenges, and innovations that mathematics educators have faced over the past eight decades. It also lists (p. 5-7) all seventy-five previous NCTM yearbooks including issue number, year of publication, title, and editor.
- Publication date
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics ; Francis (Skip) Fennell, seventy-fifth yearbook editor ; William R. Speer, general yearbook editor.
- Yearbook ; 75th
- "This seventy-fifth volume will be the last in an illlustrious series. Beginning next year, a new publication titled Annual Perspectives in Mathematics Education (APME) will be issued by NCTM to replace the production of annual yearbooks"--P. vii.