The international handbook of collaborative learning
- New York : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2013.
- Physical description
- xii, 516 pages ; 27 cm.
- Educational psychology handbook series.
LB1032 .I524 2013
- Unknown LB1032 .I524 2013
- Hmelo-Silver, Cindy E., editor of compilation.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Machine generated contents note: pt. I Theoretical Approaches
- ch. 1 Information Processing Approaches to Collaborative Learning / Noreen M. Webb
- ch. 2 Developmental Approaches to Collaborative Learning / Hebbah El-Moslimany
- ch. 3 Sociocultural Perspectives on Collaborative Learning: Toward Collaborative Knowledge Creation / Pirita Seitamaa-Hakkarainen
- ch. 4 Theories of Cognition in Collaborative Learning / Gerry Stahl
- pt. II Studying Collaborative Learning
- ch. 5 Quantitative Methods for Studying Small Groups / Friedrich Wilhelm Hesse
- ch. 6 Multilevel Analysis for the Analysis of Collaborative Learning / Paul A. Kirschner
- ch. 7 Qualitative Methodologies for Studying Small Groups / R. Keith Sawyer
- ch. 8 Conversation Analysis and Collaborative Learning / Timothy Koschmann
- ch. 9 Verbal Data Analysis for Understanding Interactions / Heisawn Jeong
- ch. 10 Linguistic Analysis Methods for Studying Small Groups / Carolyn Penstein Rose
- ch. 11 Advancing Understanding of Collaborative Learning with Data Derived from Video Records / Randi A. Engle
- ch. 12 Mixed Methods for Analyzing Collaborative Learning / Sadhana Puntambekar
- pt. III Instructional Issues and Approaches to Collaborative Learning
- ch. 13 Cultivating a Community of Learners in K-12 Classrooms / Allan Collins
- ch. 14 Motivation in Collaborative Groups / Nicole DiDonato
- ch. 15 Child Leaders in Collaborative Groups / Richard C. Anderson
- ch. 16 Assessment in Collaborative Learning / Jan van Aalst
- ch. 17 Collaborative Learning for Diverse Learners / Robyn M. Gillies
- ch. 18 Learning through Collaborative Argumentation / Douglas B. Clark
- ch. 19 Organizing Collaborative Learning Experiences Around Subject Matter Domains: The Importance of Aligning Social and Intellectual Structures in Instruction / Jenna Wolfstone-Hay
- ch. 20 The Group Investigation Approach to Cooperative Learning / Ivy Geok-chin Tan
- ch. 21 Problem-Based Learning: An Instructional Model of Collaborative Learning / Christina DeSimone
- pt. IV Technology and Collaborative Learning
- ch. 22 Designing Collaborative Learning through Computer Support / Christopher Hoadley
- ch. 23 Collaboration Scripts in Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning / Armin Weinberger
- ch. 24 Mobile Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning / Yanjie Song
- ch. 25 Collaborative Knowledge Building: Towards a Knowledge Creation Perspective / Carol K.K. Chan
- ch. 26 Metacognition and Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning / Nancy E. Perry
- ch. 27 Collaboration in Informal Learning Environments: Access and Participation in Youth Virtual Communities / Deborah A. Fields
- ch. 28 Collaboration, Technology, and Culture / Jianwei Zhang.
- Publication date
- Edited by Cindy E. Hmelo-Silver, Clark A. Chinn, Carol Chan, and Angela M. O'Donnell.
- Educational psychology handbook series