CAMEO chemicals [electronic resource] : an online database of hazardous materials
- [Silver Spring, Md.] : U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Ocean Service, Office of Response and Restoration, 2007-
- Search to find response information for thousands of hazardous materials, including fire and explosion hazards, health hazards, firefighting techniques, cleanup procedures, protective clothing, and chemical properties. Use "My Chemicals" to build a list of chemicals. For example, substances involved in an incident response (such as a train derailment) or chemicals stored in your community. Explore reactivity, see what hazards might occur if chemicals in your MyChemicals collection are mixed together. CAMEO Chemicals is a tool designed for people who are involved in hazardous material incident response and planning. This tool is part of the CAMEO software suite, and it is available as a website, mobile website, and as a downloadable version that you can run on your own computer. CAMEO Chemicals contains: A library with thousands of datasheets containing response-related information and recommendations for hazardous materials that are commonly transported, used, or stored in the United States. A reactivity prediction tool, which you can use to predict potential reactive hazards between chemicals. CAMEO Chemicals was developed by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Office of Response and Restoration in partnership with the Environmental Protection Agency's Office of Emergency Management and the U.S. Coast Guard's Research and Development Center."-- (source: http://cameochemicals.noaa.gov/help/cameo_chemicals_help.htm)
- Hazardous substances > Databases.
- Hazardous substances > Accidents > United States > Management > Databases.
- Information storage and retrieval systems > Hazardous substances.
- Information storage and retrieval systems > Emergency management.
- Emergency management > United States > Databases.
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- Online database of hazardous materials
- Computer aided management of emergency operations chemicals : an online database of hazardous materials
- Title from title screen (viewed May 9, 2007).
- File/Data Type
- Electronic database online.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- System requirements: Internet browser.