High dimensional probability VI : the Banff Volume
- International Conference on High Dimensional Probability (6th : 2011 : Banff, Alta.)
- Basel ; New York : Birkhäuser, c2013.
- Physical description
- xi, 373 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Progress in probability ; 66.
QA273 .A1 I554 2011
- Unknown QA273 .A1 I554 2011
- Houdré, Christian.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Inequalities and Convexity. Bracketing Entropy of High Dimensional Distributions / Fuchang Gao
- Slepian's Inequality, Modularity and Integral Orderings / J. Hoffmann-Jørgensen
- A More General Maximal Bernstein-type Inequality / Péter Kevei, David M. Mason
- Maximal Inequalities for Centered Norms of Sums of Independent Random Vectors / Rafał Latała
- A Probabilistic Inequality Related to Negative Definite Functions / Mikhail Lifshits, René L. Schilling, Ilya Tyurin
- Optimal Re-centering Bounds, with Applications to Rosenthal-type Concentration of Measure Inequalities / Iosif Pinelis
- Strong Log-concavity is Preserved by Convolution / Jon A. Wellner
- On Some Gaussian Concentration Inequality for Non-Lipschitz Functions / Paweł Wolff
- Limit Theorems. Rates of Convergence in the Strong Invariance Principle for Non-adapted Sequences Application to Ergodic Automorphisms of the Torus / Jérôme Dedecker, Florence Merlevède, Françoise Pène
- On the Rate of Convergence to the Semi-circular Law / Friedrich Götze, Alexandre Tikhomirov
- Empirical Quantile CLTs for Time-dependent Data / James Kuelbs, Joel Zinn
- Asymptotic Properties for Linear Processes of Functionals of Reversible or Normal Markov Chains / Magda Peligrad
- Stochastic Processes. First Exit of Brownian Motion from a One-sided Moving Boundary / Frank Aurzada, Tanja Kramm
- On Lévy's Equivalence Theorem in Skorohod Space / Andreas Basse-O'Connor, Jan Rosiński
- Continuity Conditions for a Class of Second-order Permanental Chaoses / Michael B. Marcus, Jay Rosen
- Random Matrices and Applications. On the Operator Norm of Random Rectangular Toeplitz Matrices / Radosław Adamczak
- Edge Fluctuations of Eigenvalues of Wigner Matrices / Hanna Döring, Peter Eichelsbacher
- On the Limiting Shape of Young Diagrams Associated with Inhomogeneous Random Words / Christian Houdré, Hua Xu
- High Dimensional Statistics. Low Rank Estimation of Similarities on Graphs / Vladimir Koltchinskii, Pedro Rangel
- Sparse Principal Component Analysis with Missing Observations / Karim Lounici
- High Dimensional CLT and its Applications / Dragan Radulovic.
- Publisher's Summary
- This is a collection of papers by participants at High Dimensional Probability VI Meeting held from October 9-14, 2011 at the Banff International Research Station in Banff, Alberta, Canada. High Dimensional Probability (HDP) is an area of mathematics that includes the study of probability distributions and limit theorems in infinite-dimensional spaces such as Hilbert spaces and Banach spaces. The most remarkable feature of this area is that it has resulted in the creation of powerful new tools and perspectives, whose range of application has led to interactions with other areas of mathematics, statistics, and computer science. These include random matrix theory, nonparametric statistics, empirical process theory, statistical learning theory, concentration of measure phenomena, strong and weak approximations, distribution function estimation in high dimensions, combinatorial optimization, and random graph theory. The papers in this volume show that HDP theory continues to develop new tools, methods, techniques and perspectives to analyze the random phenomena. Both researchers and advanced students will find this book of great use for learning about new avenues of research.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Christian Houdré ... [et al.], editors.
- Title Variation
- High dimensional probability 6
- Progress in probability ; 66