Quantum theory : density, condensation, and bonding
- Putz, Mihai V.
- Toronto : Apple Academic Press, c2013.
- Physical description
- xii, 260 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
QC174.12 .P87 2013
- Unknown QC174.12 .P87 2013
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -249) and index.
- Primer Density Functional Theory Basics of Density Functional Theory (DFT) Physical Realizations of DFT Popular Density Functionals of Energy Chemical Realization of DFT Primer Density Functional Bose-Einstein Condensation Theory Basics of the Bose-Einstein Condensation (BEC) ?-Density Functional Theory of Bose-Einstein Condensation Modern Quantum Theories of Chemical Bonding Bondonic Picture of Chemical Bond Chemical Action Picture of Chemical Bond Fermionic-Bosonic Picture of Chemical Bond.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Quantum Theory: Density, Condensation, and Bonding presents in a unitary manner the main actual theories of matter, mainly the density function theory (DFT) for fermions, the Bose-Einstein condensation (BEC) for bosons, and chemical bonding as a special realization of the first two so-called mixed fermionic-bosonic states. The book covers the modern and ultimately developed quantum theories involving the key concepts of density, condensation, and bonding. The book compiles, for the first time, the density functional theory with Bose-Einstein condensation and chemical bonding theories in a fresh and novel perspective. The book introduces modern theories of matter structure and explains the nature of chemical bonds under the consecrated and ultimate quantum paradigms of molecular structure. The book is divided into three parts, one for each level of studies: Part I: Primer Density Functional Theory is suitable for undergraduate introductory courses in physics, chemistry, and the natural sciences. Part II: Primer Density Functional Bose-Einstein Condensation Theory would be suitable for graduate- or master-level courses in physics or natural sciences. Part III: Modern Quantum Theories of Chemical Bonding is written for the post-graduate, master or doctorate courses on quantum structure of molecules in chemistry or natural sciences. Thus, this book is organized as a succession of three linked courses, from undergraduate, to graduate, to postgraduate levels in modern quantum theories of many-body systems. It covers three main concepts: density, condensation, and bonding and contains the most celebrated and challenging theories of matter. The book provides a fresh perspective on the quantum theory of structure of physico-chemical systems and will show students at all levels and researchers the way for future elaboration and discoveries toward the unification of the physical and chemical concepts of matter.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
- Contributor biographical information
- Publication date
- Mihai V. Putz.