Catalysis from A to Z [electronic resource]
- 4th, completely rev. and enl. ed.
- Weinheim : Wiley-VCH, c2013.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (2459 p.)
- Cornils, Boy.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- TOPICS INCLUDED: catalysts - heterogeneous, homogeneous, acid, base ligands biocatalysis catalytic reactions in organic synthesis kinetics and thermodynamics of catalytic reactions catalyst labelling theoretical backgrounds of catalytic reactions industrial catalytic processes stereoselective catalysis autoclaves colloids nanomaterials spectroscopical methods for catalyst analysis radicals enzymatic catalysis vitamins.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The updated fourth edition of this successful encyclopedia contains 40% more high-quality content from over 300 international experts in four volumes! Comprehensive, succinct, and unrivaled, it includes all the knowledge scientists need on homogeneous, heterogeneous and biochemical catalysis in easy-to-use, compact entries for over 11,000 keywords in alphabetical order. Catalysis from A to Z explains briefly the important terms for every aspect of catalysis, whether biocatalysis, homogeneous catalysis, heterogeneous catalysis, or such related topics as spectroscopy or analytical methods. These also include abbreviations, brief biographic entries of important scientists who have worked in catalysis, trade names, important catalytic processes, named reactions, and other important keywords in the general field of catalysis. To round this work off, many of the keywords are illustrated and include German and French equivalent terms. From reviews of previous editions: "Everything you wanted to know about catalysis, from abzymes to zeolites, is here." --Alan Warren, The Catalyst "It is a very useful starting point for information on any aspect of catalysis or biocatalysis, and is recommended for collections serving chemists or chemical engineers, or students in those fields." --Robert Michaelson, American Ref Books Annual "In summary, this work offers exactly what its subtitle promises: a very precise encyclopedia of catalysis. Off all the topics in the field of catalysis that I have looked for in this book, not one has been missing." --Rainer Sturmer, BASF AG, Ludwigshafen, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. "I would highly recommend "Catalysis from A to Z" for all scientists and engineers whose work is related to the field of catalysis. Specifically, if you are from an interdisciplinary related area and naturally not too familiar with all vocabulary used in the field, you will find it particulary useful to have this encyclopedia on your bookshelf." --Jorg Libuda, Fritz-Haber-Institut der Max-Planck-Gesellschaft, Berlin, ChemPhysChem "...this book is a must for all libraries in institutes with research groups active in catalysis. Indeed this reference work will be of value to all senior academic and industrial scientists with an interest in one or more of the (converging) areas of catalysis." --Stanley M. Roberts, University of Liverpool, ChemBioChem.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Boy Cornils...[et al.].
- Available in another form
- Print version: Catalysis from A to Z. 4th, completely revised and enlarged ed. Weinheim : WILEY-VCH, 2013 9783527333073 (OCoLC)840564529