Delivering sustainable buildings [electronic resource]
- Malina, Mike.
- Chichester, West Sussex, UK : Blackwell Pub., 2013.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Sustainability in the wider context. Making the right choices - the sustainability dilemma ; Planning ahead - the role of planning authorities ; Legislative overview and meeting your legal obligations ; Paying for it - the finance question
- Delivering sustainable buildings. Delivering an energy-efficient and sustainable building ; Managing energy and reducing its use ; Water - a forgotten issue ; Putting it together - the contractor's role ; Main plant and building services - HVAC systems ; Getting and keeping control - building energy management systems ; Commissioning and handover for energy efficiency ; Keeping it all going - the importance of maintenance to sustainability
- The human element. The skills challenge ; Changing behaviours ; Putting my own house in order ; Sharing our technology and expertise with the developed and developing world
- Conclusion - some big challenges ahead
- Publication date
- Mike Malina.
- Available in another form
- Print version: Malina, Mike. Delivering sustainable buildings. Chichester, West Sussex, UK : Blackwell Pub., 2013 9781405194174 (DLC) 2012027832 (OCoLC)807025882