The health care case : the Supreme Court's decision and its implications
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 
- Physical description
- xiv, 386 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
KF228 .N34 H43 2013
- Unknown KF228 .N34 H43 2013
- Persily, Nathaniel Stanford Law School graduate, J.D. (1998) editor of compilation.
- Metzger, Gillian E., 1965- editor of compilation.
- Morrison, Trevor W. editor of compilation.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction / Nathaniel Persily, Gillian E. Metzger and Trevor W. Morrison
- The court affirms the social contract / Jack M. Balkin
- Who won the Obamacare case? / Randy E. Barnett
- A most improbable 1787 Constitution : a (mostly) originalist critique of the constitutionality of the ACA / Richard E. Epstein
- The June surprises : balls, strikes, and the fog of war / Charles fried
- Much ado : the potential impact of the Supreme Court decision upholding the Affordable Care Act / Robert N. Weiner
- The missing due process argument / Jamal Greene
- "Necessary, " "proper, " and health care reform / Andrew Koppelman
- The presumption of constitutionality and the individual mandate / Gillian E. Metzger and Trevor W. Morrison
- The individual mandate and the proper meaning of "proper" / Ilya Somin
- Judicial minimalism, the mandate, and Mr. Roberts / Jonathan H. Adler
- Is it the Roberts court? / Linda Greenhouse
- More law than politics : the chief, the "mandate, " legality, and statesmanship / Neil S. Siegel
- The secret history of the chief justice's Obamacare decision / John Fabian Witt
- Federalism by waiver after the Health Care case / Samuel R. Bagenstos
- The Health Care case in the public mind : opinion on the Supreme Court and health reform in a polarized era / Andrea Louise Campbell and Nathaniel Persily
- Federalism from federal statutes : health reform, Medicaid and the old-fashioned Federalists' gamble / Abbe R. Gluck
- Constitutional uncertainty and the design of social insurance : reflections on the ACA case / Michael J. Graetz and Jerry L. Mashaw
- The Affordable Care Act and the Constitution : beyond National Federation of Independent Business v. Sebelius / Timothy Stoltzfus Jost
- Medicaid's next fifty years : aligning an old program with the new normal / Sara Rosenbaum
- Health policy devolution and the institutional hydraulics of the Affordable Care Act / Theodore W. Ruger.
- National Federation of Independent Business > Trials, litigation, etc.
- Sebelius, Kathleen, 1948- > Trials, litigation, etc.
- Health insurance > Law and legislation > United States.
- Medical care > Finance > Law and legislation > United States.
- Health care reform > United States.
- Health care reform > Economic aspects > United States.
- Publication date
- edited by Nathaniel Persily, Gillian E. Metzger and Trevor W. Morrison.
- Title Variation
- Healthcare case