Enzyme engineering : methods and protocols
QH506 .M45 V.978
- Unknown QH506 .M45 V.978
- Samuelson, James C., 1968- Editor
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Tripartite fusion system for the selection of protein variants with increased stability in vivo / Linda Foit and James C.A. Bardwell
- Determining enzyme kinetics via isothermal titration calorimetry / Neil A. Demarse ... [et al.]
- GFP reporter screens for the engineering of amino acid degrading enzymes from libraries expressed in bacteria / Olga Paley ... [et al.]
- Flow cytometric assays for interrogating LAGLIDADG homing endonuclease DNA-binding and cleavage properties / Sarah K. Baxter ... [et al.]
- TAL effector nuclease (TALEN) engineering / Ting Li and Bing Yang
- In vitro evolution of enzymes / Misha V. Golynskiy ... [et al.]
- Residue-specific incorporation of unnatural amino acids into proteins in vitro and in vivo / Amrita Singh-Blom, Randall A. Hughes, and Andrew D. Ellington
- Reconstructing evolutionary adaptive paths for protein engineering / Megan F. Cole ... [et al.]
- Oligonucleotide recombination enabled site-specific mutagenesis in bacteria / Bryan M. Swingle
- FX cloning : a versatile high-throughput cloning system for characterization of enzyme variants / Eric R. Geertsma
- Use of Sulfolobus solfataricus PCNA subunit proteins to direct the assembly of multimeric enzyme complexes / Hidehiko Hirakawa and Teruyuki Nagamune
- Gene synthesis by assembly of deoxyuridine-containing oligonucleotides / Romualdas Vaisvila and Jurate Bitinaite
- Protein engineering : single or multiple site-directed mutagenesis / Pei-Chung Hsieh and Romualdas Vaisvila
- Gene assembly and combinatorial libraries in S. cerevisiae via reiterative recombination / Nili Ostrov, Laura M. Wingler, and Virginia W. Cornish
- Promiscuity-based enzyme selection for rational directed evolution experiments / Sandeep Chakraborty ... [et al.]
- Rational protein sequence diversification by multi-codon scanning mutagenesis / Jia Liu and T. Ashton Cropp
- Screening libraries for improved solubility : using E. coli dihydrofolate reductase as a reporter / Jian-Wei Liu and David L. Ollis
- In vitro directed evolution of enzymes expressed by E. coli in microtiter plates / Bradley J. Stevenson, Sylvia H.-C. Yip, and David L. Ollis.
- Publisher's Summary
- Whether the pursuit is commercially motivated or purely academic, engineering a novel biological catalyst is an enticing challenge. High-resolution protein structure analysis allows for rational alteration of enzyme function, yet many useful enzyme variants are the product of well-designed selection schemes or screening strategies. "Enzyme Engineering: Methods and Protocols" provides guidance to investigators wishing to create enzyme variants with desired properties. This detailed volume covers such topics as a simple method for generating site-specific mutations within bacterial chromosomes. It also highlights the engineering of two difference types of rare-cutting endonucleases that show great potential in gene therapy applications: the newest development is the emergence of TAL effector nucleases or TALENs; chapters describe newly developed technologies in sufficient detail so that each method can be practiced in a standard molecular biology laboratory; written in the successful "Methods in Molecular Biology[trademark]" series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls; and authoritative and easily accessible. Enzyme "Engineering: Methods and Protocols" will be valuable for scientists with a budding interest in protein engineering as well as veterans looking for new approaches to apply in established discovery programs.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by James C. Samuelson.
- Methods in molecular biology ; 978
- Springer protocols