Comprehensive inorganic chemistry II [electronic resource] : from elements to applications
- [2nd ed.].
- Amsterdam ; Waltham, MA : Elsevier, c2013.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (9 v.) : ill. (some col.)
- Includes bibliographical references.
- volume 1. Main-group elements, Including noble gases
- volume 2. Transition elements, lanthanides and actinides
- volume 3. Bioinorganic fundamentals and applications: metals in natural living systems and metals in toxicology and medicine
- volume 4. Solid-state materials, including ceramics and minerals
- volume 5. Porous materials and nanomaterials
- volume 6. Homogeneous catalytic applications
- volume 7. Surface inorganic chemistry and heterogeneous catalysis
- volume 8. Coordination and organometallic chemistry
- volume 9. Theory and methods.
- Comprehensive Inorganic Chemistry II reviews and examines topics of relevance to today's inorganic chemists. Covering more interdisciplinary and high impact areas, Comprehensive Inorganic Chemistry II includes biological inorganic chemistry, solid state chemistry, materials chemistry, and nanoscience. The work is designed to follow on, with a different viewpoint and format, from our 1973 work, Comprehensive Inorganic Chemistry, edited by Bailar, Emeléus, Nyholm, and Trotman-Dickenson, which has received over 2,000 citations. The new work will also complement other recent Elsevier works in this area, Comprehensive Coordination Chemistry and Comprehensive Organometallic Chemistry, to form a trio of works covering the whole of modern inorganic chemistry. Chapters are designed to provide a valuable, long-standing scientific resource for both advanced students new to an area and researchers who need further background or answers to a particular problem on the elements, their compounds, or applications. Chapters are written by teams of leading experts, under the guidance of the Volume Editors and the Editors-in-Chief.
- Chemistry, Inorganic.
- Publication date
- editor-in-chief, Jan Reedijk, Kenneth Poeppelmeier.
- Available in another form
- Print version: Comprehensive inorganic chemistry II. Amsterdam : Elsevier, 2013. 9780080977744 (OCoLC)850176182