Getting children writing : story ideas for children aged 3-11
- Brownhill, Simon author.
- Los Angeles, Calif. : SAGE, 2013.
- Physical description
- xvii, 286 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
LB1576 .B76 2013
- Unknown LB1576 .B76 2013
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -281) and index.
- 'Pen-to-Paper' Stories 'Design and Make' Stories 'Being' Stories 'Craft' Stories 'Engaging' Stories 'Technology' Stories 'Location' Stories 'Boys' Stories 'Creative' Stories 'Random' Stories Appendices References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book is a practical guide designed to stimulate story writing in the early years and primary classroom. It offers a collection of novel and effective Ideas which can be used by educators to energise, excite and motivate children to willingly write stories across the 3-11 age phase. Each chapter offers creative and innovative Ideas to get children writing stories, including: - how to help children 'see the point' of story writing - how speaking and listening, reading and phonics can be utilised to enhance written stories - how technology can facilitate refreshing story writing - how story writing can be physically interactive. By combining theory with practice, this book is ideal for those training to teach the 3 to 11 age range, those beginning their teaching career, and those who are established in their professional role. Simon Brownhill is Senior Lecturer at the University of Cambridge.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Simon Brownhill.
- Title Variation
- Getting children writing: story ideas for children aged 3 through 11
- Getting children writing: story ideas for children aged 3 to 11