Latin glossary : small manuscript fragment on vellum
- France?, 13th century.
- Physical description
- 1 fragment, 96 x 151 mm.
All materials are stored offsite. Request items 2 business days in advance. Maximum 5 items per day.
- In-library use MISC 1855
- Unidentified Latin vocabulary, this portion part of the letter M, with a total of 35 lemmata (a word or phrase that is glossed; headword).
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- Lower portion of vellum leaf, removed from a binding.
- Script: professional gotica textualis, 2 columns, with a fair amount of abbreviations.
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 24 hours in advance of intended use.
- Purchased from Bonhams, 2013. Accession 2013-080.
- Previously in the Bernard M. Rosenthal collection; with Rosenthal's dealer description included with the manuscript, together with a note re previous ownership of Bernard Bischoff.