Modern piracy : legal challenges and responses
- Cheltenham, UK : Edward Elgar, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xvi, 354 pages ; 24 cm
KZ7212 .M63 2013
- Unknown KZ7212 .M63 2013
- Guilfoyle, Douglas, editor of compilation.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction : piracy, law and lawyers / Douglas Guilfoyle
- Piracy and armed robbery against ships in Southeast Asia / Robert Beckman
- Piracy off Somalia and counter-piracy efforts / Douglas Guilfoyle
- Petro-piracy : predation and counter-predation in Nigerian waters / Martin N. Murphy
- Responses to contemporary piracy : disentangling the organizational field / Christian Bueger
- Piracy and the international law of the sea / Tullio Treves
- Capture and disruption operations : the use of force in counter-piracy off Somalia / Andrew Murdoch and Doughas Guilfoyle
- Initiating criminal proceedings with military force : some legal aspects of policing Somali pirates by navies / Håkan Friman and Jens Lindborg
- Reshaping maritime security cooperation : the importance of interagency coordination at the national level / Brian Wilson
- International and comparative regulation of private maritime security companies employed in counter-piracy / James Kraska
- What is a pirate? : a common law answer to an age-old question / Peter MacDonald Eggers
- Insurance protection against piracy / Peter MacDonald Eggers
- Piracy and carriage of goods by sea / Keith Michel
- Policy tensions and the legal regime governing piracy / Douglas Guilfoyle.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- edited by Douglas Guilfoyle, Reader in Law, University College London.