Education, dominance and identity
- Rotterdam : Sense Publishers, 
- Physical description
- ix, 243 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
Comparative and international education (Sense Publishers) ; v. 20.
WCCES series post-Istanbul ; v. 1.
LC201.5 .E38 2013
- Unknown LC201.5 .E38 2013
- Napier, Diane Brook editor of compilation.
- Majhanovich, Suzanne editor of compilation.
- World Congress of Comparative Education Societies (14th : 2010 : Istanbul, Turkey)
- Introduction: Global issues : regional, national and local culture case studies / Diane B. Napier, Suzanne Majhanovich
- Indigenous Identity and development
- Decolonizing indigenous education in Canada / K. P. Binda, Mel Lall
- Discovering the past, uncovering diversity : the reclamation of indigenous identity through a community education project / Lesley Graybeal
- Integration and domination of ethnic minority groups
- Critical analysis of school integration of Roma children in Nyíregyháza, Hungary / Éva Földesi
- Social equality versus cultural identity : government policies and Roma education in east-central Europe / Katalin R. Forray, Tamas Kozma
- Children's home languages in early childhood education systems / Nathalie Thomauske
- Constructing Spanish : discourses of language hegemony in Spain / Renée DePalma, Cathryn Teasley
- Language, education, language of instruction and identity
- A study of escalating debates on the use of a global or local language in education : Tanzania and Malaysia / Zehlia Babaci-Wilhite
- Voices from the classroom : teacher and learner perceptions on the use of learner's home language in the teaching and learning of school mathematics and science / Monde Mbekwa, Vuyokazi Nomlomo
- Teacher identity, reform, domination and transformation
- Reform environment and teacher identity in Chile / Beatrice Avalos, Danae De Los Rios
- Researching an initiative on peaceful coexistence in Greek-Cypriot schools / Michalinos Zembylas, Constadina Charalambous, Panayiota Charalambous, Panayiota Kendeou
- Identity, domination and revolution
- Women's rights and gender-educational inequality in Egypt and Tunisia : from colonialism to contemporary revolution / Nagwa Megahed, Stephen Lack
- The impact of educational systems on political violence in the Middle-East region / Amir Sabzevar Qahfarokhi, Abbas Madandar Arani, Lida Kakia.
- Publication date
- edited by Diane B. Napier and Suzanne Majhanovich.
- Comparative and international education ; volume 20
- WCCES series post-Istanbul ; volume 1
- Selected papers from the proceedings of the World Council of Comparative Education Societies XIV World Congress held June 14-18, 2010 in Istanbul, Turkey with the theme, Bordering, Re-bordering and New Possibilities in Education and Society--Series title page.p