- New York : United Nations, 2012.
- Physical description
- xiv, 166 p. ; 21 cm.
- UNCTAD series on issues in international investment agreements II.
K3511 .E97 2012
- Unknown K3511 .E97 2012
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -145).
- Publisher's Summary
- In this publication, Section I defines the concepts of direct and indirect expropriation and reviews the variety of measures that can constitute an expropriation. Section II focuses on the core issue of establishing an indirect expropriation: the recent treaty practice on defining indirect expropriation as well as arbitral practice. Section III discusses the differences between compensation for a lawful expropriation and reparation for unlawful expropriations, as well as the question of valuation of investments. Section IV offers options which policy makers and negotiators may wish to consider.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- UNCTAD series on issues in international investment agreements II
- "A sequel"--Cover.
- "UNCTAD/DIAE/IA/2011/7"-- P.  of cover.
- "United Nations publications sales no. E.12.II.D.7"--P.  of cover.
- "Cases and arbitral awards:" p. -154.
- Also available online.