- Edgar, Tim.
- London : Black Dog Pub., c2013.
- Physical description
- 1 v. (unpaged) : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
QL496 .E34 2013
- Unknown QL496 .E34 2013
- Raffles, Hugh, 1958-
- Includes bibliographical references.
- The result of Tim Edgar photographing the insect life in his home for three years and examining through a close up lens the creatures that were sharing his domestic space, the book provides a uniquely personal view of the insects and the performances they play out. Through macro photography Edgar is able to capture the fragile nature of the insects and the conflict in the chaotic web they reside in. The photographs are contextualised in the essays by anthropologist Hugh Raffles who discusses the life and death situations in the cobweb and the chaos in the domestic insect world. Close observation of natural science is paired with a sense of intrigue and wonder.
- Publication date
- Tim Edgar ; text by Hugh Raffles.