- 4th ed.
- Burlington, MA : Jones & Bartlett Learning, c2013.
- Physical description
- xxx, 688 p. : col. ill. ; 28 cm.
QP141 .I628 2013
- Unknown QP141 .I628 2013
- Insel, Paul M.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Food choices : nutrients and nourishment
- Nutrition guidelines : tools for a healthful diet
- Complementary nutrition : functional foods and dietary supplements
- The human body : from food to fuel
- Carbohydrates : simple sugars and complex chains
- Spotlight on alcohol
- Lipids : not just fat
- Proteins and amino acids : function follows form
- Spotlight on metabolism
- Energy balance and weight management : finding your equilibrium
- Vitamins : vital keys to health
- Water and minerals : the ocean within
- Sports nutrition : eating for peak performance
- Spotlight on eating disorders
- Lifecycle : maternal & infant nutrition
- Lifecycle : from childhood through adulthood
- Food safety and technology : microbial threats and genetic engineering
- World view of nutrition : the faces of global malnutrition.
- Publisher's Summary
- Discovering Nutrition, Fourth Edition is a student-friendly introduction to nutrition on a non-majors level. Coverage of material such as digestion, metabolism, chemistry, and life cycle nutrition is clearly written, accessible, and engaging to undergraduate students. New to the Fourth Edition * Upgraded and modernized interior layout * The 2010 Dietary Guidelines and MyPlate * New section on diet and health, including sections on obesity and physical activity * Vitamin and mineral supplements * Spotlight on childhood obesity * Hypertension * New pregnancy weight gain guidelines from the Institute of Medicine and the National Research Council * Expanded information regarding Celiac Disease * More content on nutrition and disease * Information on the Mediterranean diet; food guides of other countries.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Paul Insel ... [et al.].
- Rev. ed. of: Discovering nutrition / Paul Insel, R. Elaine Turner, Don Ross. 3rd ed. c2010.
- Related Work
- Insel, Paul M. Discovering nutrition.