The Routledge international handbook of education, religion and values
- London : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2013.
- Physical description
- xiv, 403 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm.
- Routledge international handbooks.
LC311 .R68 2013
- Unknown LC311 .R68 2013
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction James Arthur and Terence Lovat Part I: The Conceptual World of Religion and Values Religious Meaning, Practical Reason and Values David Carr Values and the Phenomenology of Religion Philip L. Barnes Do Values Depend on Religion? Would it be Best if they Didn't? Brian Hill Existentially Sensitive Education Martin Ubani Diversity of Religions and Freedom of Religions and Belief Gary Bouma Some Reflections on Secular Values in Education James Arthur Part II: Religion and Values in Education An Introduction to Education and Values Andrew Peterson Catholic Values and Education Policy Gerald Grace Teachers and Christian Religious Values Trevor Cooling Virtue and Value in Educational Research Julian Stern Values and Religion in Education Peta Goldburg Why Meditate? Oren Ergas Soul Searching: Prayer and Process of Education Hanan Alexander From "Islamic" Values to "Religio-Secular" Values in Muslim Contexts: Pedagogical Implications of a Conceptual Shift Farid Panjwani "The Cowl and the Curriculum" - the New Monasticism, Values and Schools Peter Mudge A Dynamic Systems Approach to Moral and Spiritual Development Derek Sankey and Minkang Kim Part III: Religion and Values in Inter-agency Work Religion and Values: A Review of Empirical Research Leslie Francis and Gemma Penny Values and Spirituality in Social Work Mel Gray Religion in the Public Sphere Patrik Fridlund Moral Problems of New Technologies Christoph Baumgartner Human and Religious Values in Society: A Relativistic Perspective Robert Crotty Diverse Political Values: Human Rights and Global Democracy Anthony Langlois Faith Communities, Social Capital and Civic Engagement John Annette Part IV: Religion and Values in Cross-cultural Work The Intersection of Religious Education and Values Andrew Wright Religious Identity in a Post-Modern Culture Eoin Cassidy Education and Religious Authority: Six Benchmark Questions for Framing an Enquiry Liam Gearon Educating for Harmony in Conflict Settings Zehavit Gross Sibling Rivalry Between Islam and the West: The Problem Lies Within Terence Lovat Going Beyond Reason? Variants of Intertwining Religion and Law Maik Herold Ethics in an Optics: The Levinasian Perspective on Value as Primary Dan Fleming Shari'ah Values for Modern Societies: Analysis of Contents and Contexts Luqman Zakariyah The Subjective and Universal in Modern Islamic Values Kelly al-Dakkak.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The academic fields of religion and values have become the focus of renewed interest in contemporary thinking about human activity and its motivations. The Routledge International Handbook of Education, Religion and Values explores and expands upon a range of international research related to this revival. The book provides an authoritative overview of global issues in religion and values, surveying the state of the academic area in contributions covering a wide range of topics. It includes emerging, controversial, and cutting-edge contributions, as well as investigations into more established areas. International authorities Arthur and Lovat have brought together experts from across the world to examine the complexity of the field of study. The handbook is organised around four key topics, which focus on both the importance of religion and values as broad fields of human enquiry, as well as in their application to education, inter-agency work and cross-cultural endeavours: -The Conceptual World of Religion and Values -Religion and Values in Education -Religion and Values in Inter-agency Work -Religion and Values in Cross-cultural Work. This comprehensive reference work combines theoretical and empirical research of international significance, and will be valuable reading for students, researchers and academics in the field of education.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by James Arthur and Terence Lovat.
- Title Variation
- International handbook of education, religion and values
- Education, religion and values
- Routledge international handbooks