High-expectation curricula : helping all students succeed with powerful learning
- New York, NY : Teachers College Press, c2012.
- Physical description
- xi, 228 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
LC4091 .H54 2012
- Unknown LC4091 .H54 2012
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Detracking: re-forming schools to provide students with equitable access to college and career / Hugh Mehan
- Toward a pedagogy of trust / Eric DeMeulenaere
- Poetry inside out: a high-expectation, cross-cultural literacy program / Marty Rutherford
- Becoming literate in an inner-city, whole language school / Debra Goodman
- Promoting high expectations with collaborative strategic reading / Janette Klingner, Alison Boardman, and Subini Annamma
- Learning to interpret texts: engaging students in rigorous discussion / Sophie Haroutunian-Gordon
- Shared inquiry: making students smart / Curt Dudley-Marling and Sarah Michaels
- Project challenge: using challenging curriculum and mathematical discourse to help all students learn / Suzanne H. Chapin and Catherine O'Connor
- The investigators club: a high-expectation alternative to textbook science
- Richard sohmer
- It's different with second language learners: learning from 40 years of research / Nadeen T. Ruiz
- Creating literacy: young children with and without disabilities constructing meaning together / Chris Kliewer
- The storytelling playground: expanding the definition of literacy through storytelling / Jennifer Urbach and Janette Klingner
- Closing the reading achievement gap: it's up to us to act on what we know / Richard L. Allington and Anne McGill-Franzen.
- Publication date
- edited by Curt Dudley-Marling, Sarah Michaels ; foreword by Allan Luke.