Chemical process technology
- Moulijn, Jacob A. author.
- Second edition.
- Chichester, West Sussex, United Kingdom : Wiley, 2013.
- Physical description
- xiv, 552 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
TP155.7 .M68 2013
- Unknown TP155.7 .M68 2013
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- This text provides a comprehensive introduction to chemical process technology, linking the fundamental theory and concepts to the applied nature of the subject. It provides an essential bridge between the chemical sciences and the chemical industry. The book enables the reader to integrate fundamental knowledge of the basic disciplines, to understand the most important chemical processes, and to apply this knowledge and understanding to industrial processes. Starting with a general look at the chemical industry, subsequent chapters examine different processes in greater detail, for example, oil refinery, steam cracking, synthesis gas, power, bulk chemicals, biorefinery, biotechnology, gas treatment, catalysis, fine chemicals, process intensification, and chip technology. In all chapters the processes treated are represented by simplified flow schemes, to help the reader think in terms of conceptual process designs. Problems and "feature boxes" giving examples and real-life industrial case studies are scattered throughout the text. Key features: New edition of a best-selling established text from highly-regarded authors Offers a comprehensive and balanced introduction, providing an essential link between chemistry and the chemical industry New coverage of energy and fuels from biomass, and biorefineries, to reflect growth areas in industry Includes problems and some solutions to encourage a fuller understanding of the subject Contains richly-illustrated chapters with clearly developed flow diagrams and figures "Feature Boxes" appear throughout the text, providing examples and case studies from a variety of different industries Website provides PowerPoint slides of figures for lecturers New to this edition: A complete update of chapters in the existing book More questions and worked solutions 2 new chapters: Processes for the Conversion of Biomass (chapter 7), Process Intensification (chapter 14).
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Chemical processes.
- Publication date
- Jacob A. Moulijn, Michiel Makkee, Annelies E. van Diepen, Catalysis Engineering, Department of Chemical Engineering, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands.
- Other edition
- Revision of: Moulijn, Jacob A. Chemical process technology First edition 2001 9780471630623